Compromise

Valerie was on her way to the football field when she heard voices and giggles coming from the auditorium. Even if the voice were inaudible due to her distance, she knew exactly who the owner of the voice is. Come on, there's only one person she knew who likes hanging out in the auditorium after class hours.

Smiling from ear to ear, Valerie quickly ran towards the direction of the auditorium, not caring if she even bump over some asian girl on the way. She still said her sorry, though, but then it was so quick that the girl didn't even notice that she apologised. She was too excited to see her true love that she didn't bother to care about anything else. She walked passed by an angry Coach Sylvester and an irritated Mr. Schue brawling outside Principal Figgins office but she didn't care. She walked passed by a scared Kurt Hummel being cornered by Dave Karofsky and some football players and once again, she didn't care.

Wait.

Valerie stopped from her trance when she had realized what she had saw— Kurt being cornered and bullied by Dave Karofsky and his football squad in front of his locker. Again.

Karofsky pushed the poor guy in his shoulder, making him fall helplessly on the hard pavement.

"Hey, Karofsky!" Valerie's voice was tough and rigid, and just the sound of it made them all flinched as they turned their head to look at her. "Why don't you pick someone your own size?"

Dave Karofsky was now scared. He felt Valerie's presence intimidating and he can't help but take a step back when he saw her walking into their direction.

"Why don't you mind your own business, Vanderwaal." He tried to sound threatening but it seems like he failed, as his voice started to quiver.

"You know, I would, but you see, Kurt here is also part of my business, so," Valerie then hissed, and then she sway her hands, motioning them to go away before saying, "I think you need to leave him alone now."

"Don't make me hit a girl." Karofsky threatened her but Valerie just laughed.

"I think I'm supposed to be the one telling you that." She said, crossing her arms. "Go away, Karofsky. Don't make me hit a girl."

Karofsky knew he couldn't win with Valerie. Yes, there's four of them and there's only one of her but they knew how powerful Valerie is. He knew how powerful her family is and he's not dumb enough to get in her way. And besides, the girl is a black belter in karate and he's just a jerk ass bully with no fighting experience other than picking on someone smaller than him. So there's no way he'll win.

Pounding the locker beside him in annoyance, Karofsky decided to walk away, as Valerie told him to. Followed by the other football players he's with.

"That's right. Go away, jerk face. And don't forget to take your dumb squad with you!" Valerie shouted to mock him and in anger, Karofsky kick the water fountain before turning into a corner.

Valerie, on the other hand, help Kurt on standing up, extending her hand down for him to reach it.

"You okay, buddy?" She asked him and the boy nod his head as an answer.

"Thanks for standing up on me. I really appreciated it." Kurt then gave her a smile, that is easily returned by the brunette.

"No problem. Just tell me if Karofsky's still bugging you after this, alright? I'll talk to him, don't worry." Valerie told him sincerely.