10 Things I Hate About You

Two days prior to their championship game towards their rival school, Litchfield High, Valerie and her team were doing their best to be better. Practicing in the field non stop, beating theirselves until they finally lose the energy to get up, and Coach Beiste's yelling at them makes them great even under pressure. There was no excuse to anyone. They knew they needed to be better than great to win this game. Because obviously, the Sharks are not easy to beat, if they are being honest. In the soccer world, Sharks are considered the leading team in the state of Ohio. They are undefeated as of now, and Valerie actually planned on changing that. She wanted to do something that will leave a mark in this school. Especially on her team. But she need to beat herself hard enough if she wanted to do that.

Ashley pass her the ball then grabbing it with her feet, she kick it in the air before practically flying and striking it hard until it bolted through the net without the goalkeeper catching it. They all cheered afterwards right after she landed on her feet.

"Way to go, Val." Sydney told her, tapping her on her shoulders.

She gave the blonde a smile despite her catching her breath. She stopped for a moment to take a break, leaning down as she place her hands on her knees to make it easier for her to breathe. She was already exhausted, but she didn't mind. She needs to win the game so rest is not really on her vocabulary right now. She has to make sure her body is ready for anything before she even think about resting. Sharks are practically working on their training too so they have to be prepared. Otherwise, they won't stand a chance.

The heaving of her chest is evident enough to know she's already tired. She was sweating profusely to the point that her jersey is now drenched in her sweat. Even her tied up hair is not as good as it was before their game practice had started. But the good thing is, she still looks good. Minus the smell, of course.

"Maybe we should take a break for a while." Ashley said when she noticed how exhausted they all look like. Especially Valerie. And they all agreed to her without even hesitating a bit as they started to run, or more like crawl, over the bench for the jug of water, while some chose to lie on the grass.

Valerie, however, just sat with her arms resting on top of her knees.

"Hey." she tilt her head up when a voice called her and saw a tiny blonde walking into her direction.

"Chanel."

She smiled at her, that the girl immediately returned before sitting next to her. She hand her a bottle of water and Valerie was so glad she did.

"Thanks." Valerie said, opening the bottle and quickly drink it like she'd never drank for God knows how long. And Chanel can't help but laughed at that.

And because Valerie is so eager to drink the water, it literally spilled over her body, making her more drenched like she was before.

Chanel noticed that, and grabbing the white towel she brought with her, she turn Valerie around to face her then take the bottle from her hand after she drank. Valerie was confused, but she just let Chanel do whatever it is she's doing with her. And to her surprise, the girl leaned closer to her as she started to wipe away the sweat on her face with the towel in her hand.

"You don't really have to do that." Valerie told her, holding her hand to try and stop her.

But Chanel insists. "But I want to." then she removed her hand. "So just let me do it, okay?"

Valerie just gave her a smile. She's tired of arguing anyway. And besides, this is actually great, so why not just enjoy it, right? Since she's too tired to even wipe her own sweat, it's pretty convenient that Chanel decided to do it for her. Not to mention, she's pretty. So having her this close to her face is quite admirable to her eyes.