Chapter 2

*Jayla above**

Emma's  P.O.V
I woke up the next morning hearing swings creaking and children screaming. I was confused then realisation hit me.

I sighed heavily and sat up making sure my bags were all there. "What's this?" I said to myself cringing at my voice. It probably sounded that way because I got up really early and cried myself back to sleep but back to the point, picking up the piece of paper from next to my bags I read:
                 Randy's Party
      All of North Wood High is  invited. Party starts at 9 on Friday night 26th August.

Randy was one of those famous rich kids whose parents were never home."Hmph , I should go it'll get my mind off things"

Suddenly realizing I was gonna be late for school I dug into my bag finding a large hoodie and throwing it over since I was already wearing leggings.
"Shit," I mumbled but apparently it was loud and clear enough for this little boy to hear me and he stared at me wide eyed. "Sorry!" I yelled running off with my five suitcases wondering what I'm gonna do with them. I remembered that i have a bank account of which my father would send money into  and my mother will put as well plus I'm sure the bank doesn't know about my mother's death so whatever money she has there I can go take it and get a hotel room. "Ughhh I only have 20 minutes to get to school and I'm sure I won't make it"

Glancing over at the hotel a crazy idea came to mind. Quickly crossing the street I ran straight into it. There was a lady at the front desk looking at me like I was mad but I didn't care "good morning, look I really don't have any money on me right now but I will after school, please please please I'm begging you, can u give me a room or space to store these things for a while..."  I paused taking a breath "my mother just died then I got kicked out of my house so I had to sleep on a dirty old park bench and I'm late for school too but please mam " I begged "honey calm down, I understand that if i keep these things here you'll come back for it ?" "Yes, of course its all I have left" I said like it was so obvious "okay,  because I was once like you I'll help you out. There's a store room we have , I'll keep it for you until... free of charge." "Thank you so much" I said glancing down at her name tag "Kim." 

"No problem now get to school" with that I ran to school which was not too far.

When I got to school i literally had 3 seconds before I was late. Pushing the door of my classroom open the bell rang. The teacher's back was facing me so I took that opportunity to slip in the closest seat.

*Emma went through her day at school with no trouble as usual.... She just dazed off in classes thinking of her mother so skip to lunchtime*

I got my lunch and sat at a table by myself and was lost in thought when someone tapped my shoulder, I turned around to see a cute, short girl with a soft smile but I was confused why she was talking to me because well no one does "hey ,is this seat taken?" "Oh,no" I replied giving her a small smile.
She sat down with me and started talking "My name's Jayla, what about u ?" She asked "Emma" "you seem a bit in your own world , everything okay?" I didn't like telling everyone my business and sharing personal information but she just seemed nice and cheerful . " my mom passed away last night " I said simply "oh, I'm sorry but I'm not gonna pity you too much because I don't know about you but when people pity me it just makes me feel worse" she smiled. "True" I laughed. I kinda liked her and damn talk about body goals, her skin was a little lighter than chocolate brown and she seems to be very into fitness.

"Jayla, are you going to Andy's party tonight ?" I asked "yep" she said popping the p "me too" I murmured. "You should come to my house to get ready, I mean if you want to " she said excited "Sure" I smiled making her do a funny little dance "I already know we're going to be best friends" she said finishing her little dance causing me to laugh at her childishness. We just met and she's so playful and kind, I like her. She was like a cure for depression you know ? Its like you can't be sad around her.

A/N: hey guys this chapter was a little longer than the last but it wasn't really that juicy or  sad . Emma made a friend and her friend's personality is kinda like mine. I like her. I know if people from my class read this they'll say I don't act like that but they honestly don't see that side of me much lol. Nobody reads author notes so why am I wasting my time😂😂
Word count of the story itself:808
Word count of all this:897
Shutout to Pauletteagbolosoo if someday this book gets famous or something lol she was my number one reader