XII. ICE COLD RAINDROPS

Is it normal? Most people would get sad whenever it rains. They say the sky was crying. Metaphorically speaking, of course. Humans often incorporate natural phenomenas to spiritual beliefs. Some believes that if it's raining, it means the Sun goddess was hiding in a cave. Some believes that whenever it rains, it means the Goblin is drowning in sadness. Some believes rain is a form of sorcery. It seems like the weather can greatly affect a person's mood. I wish I could control the weather. It would be fun to make it rain everyday. Because personally, I love the rain. It doesn't make me lonely, like what most people feel whenever droplets of water begin to pour down from the sky. In fact, it soothes me. How the pitter patter of raindrops would arrange into music melody. Unfortunately, I never did experience to run under the rain, hopping on paddles of water and trying to chase down imaginary butterflies. So when the rain begin to pour while I was at Todoroki's house, I almost leapt in joy.

Fuyumi noticed my excitement, probably. Because I finished my food a little faster than necessary.

By the time I was done, Fuyumi and Todoroki were hardly halfway through their meal.

"Yoru-chan, do you want some dessert?" Fuyumi asked kindly.

"I bought a chocolate cake from the bakery. Do you want a slice?" Fuyumi brought the cake. The chocolate syrup dripping down the platter. I was never a fan of sweets. Too much sweets. But I felt like eating a slice tonight. Probably it would be the last time I will eat something this much sweet.