VIII. STARGAZERS

No one has ever apologize to me. Not the proper way of apologizing anyways. Surely, I've heard people say sorry when they bumped you in a crowded supermarket. I've heard people say sorry when they accidentally did minor things that could've provoke someone. But an apology is something I hardly know the concept of.

My parents never taught me how to apologize. They believe when you're strong and powerful and have lots of money, you don't have to bother apologizing to people, people should be the one apologizing to you when they did something wrong. In my opinion, it's an utter lack of respect.

My brother used his time to train me so he also didn't get the chance to teach me a proper way of apologizing. I cannot just say a simple, 'Sorry, Todoroki,'. And most importantly, I cannot just ignore the fact that I must've hurt him in some way.

The silence of our dinner was broken by the clank of my utensil as my spoon fell from my grasp and landed on the plate. I blinked my surprise as I realized what I thought. The typical me would just ignore my inadequacy of asking Todoroki about his parents.

Why would I give much thought about it in the first place? It shouldn't bother me as much as it should. But for the oddest of reason, I found myself not being able to ignore the urge to apologize. And that thought alone struck me like Kaminari's lightning and it made my hand lost its grip on the spoon.