15. I Do!?

Kareese woke up to heat on her face and light shining on her eyelids making her see red. She opened her eyes and saw that she was still out on the balcony, in the lounge chair. Her weed was all gone, the whole stash. Kareese shook her head not believing she smoked it all but knew she probably did, and then fell asleep outside. When she stood up she stretched almost doubling over from the pain in her side. She hadn't eaten since lunchtime yesterday and smoking all that weed made her hungrier. She was having hunger cramps.

Kareese went into her room to see that her door was slightly ajar. That was off since she usually kept it closed but she shrugged it off and went to her bathroom. When she looked in the mirror she was almost unrecognizable, her skin was a shade darker from being out in the sun so long. She had dark circles around her eyes, her face was puffy, and her eyes were red. She brushed her teeth and brushed out her her which she still didn't get done over.

Kareese stood in the shower and let the warm water run over her for a couple minutes before actually soaping and showering herself. When she got out she felt way better than when she went in. She dried off and wrapped her towel around her body. Going to the counter she opened her makeup drawer and pulled out her concealer, foundation, eyeshadow, mascara, et cetera. Kareese usually didn't wear a lot of make up, she usually only wore mascara, and lip gloss, and some days eye makeup.

But since she looked so tired and worn down she decided to just put some on, after applying her foundation and such she did her eye makeup which was a natural look with a winged eye liner look. When she was satisfied with how she looked she took off her towel and hung it over the glass shower door. Kareese decided to dress simple today, a black Armani Exchange tee shirt, some blue True Religion shorts, and a pair of multicolor New Balance 574s.

When Kareese went downstairs to the kitchen she looked at the clock for the first time that day and saw it was already a little past two in the afternoon. There was a note on the fridge for her from Tiny. Brendon was working and she was at a doctors appointment.

Kareese took out her phone and held on her ear with her shoulder while she rummaged through her purse for her car keys.

"Hello?" Tiny answered.

"Hey, why you ain't wake me I woulda' went to the appointment wit' you?" Kareese said holding her phone with her hand now that she'd found her keys.

Instead of staying at the house any longer she decided to just go and get pampered a little. She needed her nails, lashes, and hair done, and she needed a good massage. She knew just the place to go too.

"It's fine, Brendon went up to ya room today but when he knocked you wouldn't answer. He got scared and stuff cause he was calling ya phone and heard it ring, he picked the door lock and saw you sleep out on the patio. He ain't know whether to bring you in or let you be. He said you looked stressed, he ain't wanna bother you so he let you be." Said Tiny much to Kareese's relief.

"So that's why my door was open, aight but who with you? You by ya'self?"

"No, Lotti here with me."

"Alright." Kareese sighed, "Well, imma go to Kya's to go get pampered a little. I'll see you later."

Kya is Eaze's girlfriend, mentioned in Chap1

Kareese grabbed her Louis wallet and headed to her car; starting it up and going in the direction of the salon.

When she got there Kya had a customer in her chair. The shop was busy as usual, Kya had a good customer base. Anyone who visited her salon and spa quickly became a regular; and she made it an effort to know everyone by name and a little about them. That way she has things to ask about while there getting there hair done. For example the woman in her chair and she was talking about her son's championship soccer game. Kya was saying that she would try her best to be there, and to tell Amanda [the women's daughter] she said hello. After greeting the rest of the staff she made my way to Kya's station.