3. College Girl

Kareese unlocked the door to her dorm and was greeted by the usual scent of her college home, vanilla and coconut. She set her bags down by the door and closed then locked it.

    "Im hooo-ome!" She called into the apartment only to not be responded.

  Kareese checked her roommates room only to find she was home alone so she unpacked her belongings and laid down to call Lando.

   "Wassup Babygirl?" He answered the phone with a voice that said 'I just woke up'. Kareese smiled, he sounded too sexy.

   "I'm here."She told him.

"That's good, you good? Unpacked? Where yo loud ass roommates at?"He asked simultaneously.

   Kareese nodded to each question even though he couldn't see her. "Yes I'm good, I'm unpacked and my roommates aren't here." She laughed at the last part.

   "Oh okay-" Lando started before Kareese cut him off.

  "Hold on somebody at the door."

  "Naw that's cool I needa get back to sleep anyway I gotta long day tomorrow." He told her.

    "Aight later. Be safe and tell everyone hey."

"I gotchu, later." She heard the click and slid her phone into her pocket before looking through the peephole to see who was at the door.

   She recognized the face as her dorm supervisor Tavaris, so she opened the door.

   "Hey Tav." She greeted him as they stood in the doorway.

   "Hey Reesi, I was actually looking for Grace."He's said awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

  "That's fine, I actually just got back into town from my brother's... Ion't know where she is but yo welcome ta' stay for a while in case she come back."

  Kareese suggested, she knew Tavaris felt weird in her presence because they used to date and now he talks to her roommate/friend Grace.

   Little did he know Kareese could care less, He thought it hurt her feelings when it really didn't. Grace told Kareese that she liked him and Kareese told her to go for it, what kind of friend would she be to hold them back. Tavaris is the only one who makes things awkward with his awkward ass.

   Tavaris shrugged and came in the house sitting on the sofa.

  "You want somethin' to drink?" She called from the kitchen whilst making herself a bowl of ice cream.

   "Uh- No Thanks."

  After Kareese made her ice cream she went and sat on the single recliner sofa that was vertical to the sofa Tav was on and the tv. She switched it on a went to the Lifetime Movie Network.

   "Why you gotta act like that around me Tav?" Kareese questioned popping a spoonful of cookie dough goodness into her mouth.

  "Like what?"

   "Boy you know good and well what I'm talkin 'bout."

  Tavaris shrugged.

  "I'm talkin 'bout how you be actin' so awkward and quiet around me. You need to cut that out acting like we just met yesterday."

   He laughed, he guessed he understood where she was coming from. But he just didn't feel as comfortable as it used to around Reesi. But from this day forward he figured he should, he is really feeling Grace so he might be around a lot anyways.

  "I guess I should stop that huh, my bad."

  "It's alright."

   No sooner than the words left her mouth, the floor was swinging open and her two roommates were walking in arms full off bags.