Chapter 8

Otterpaw woke up on fluffy white snow. She looked at her right and saw Shadowpaw snoring softly as he was winching all the time.
"Your awake." A purr was heard. Otterpaw jerked her head around and saw a tabby she-cat gazing warmly at her.
"W-who are you?" She hesitated.
"No need to fear me." The tabby purred as she dropped a rabbit.
"My name is Rowanheart." She mewed as she sat down next to Otterpaw.
"I can smell that your SnowClan." She smiled.
"Are you a Clan cat? Why aren't we in a camp?" Otterpaw said as she looked at the entrance of the den and saw only snow outside.
"I was a Clan cat, now I am a loner." Her eyes darkened. Otterpaw felt sad for her.
"Which Clan were you in?" Otterpaw whispered.
"In DustClan. I had two lovely kits, of I just wish I could be there and see them train to become warriors." Rowanheart sighed. Otterpaw twitched her ear.
"Are you the mother of Seedpaw and Gazepaw?" Otterpaw asked.
"No, my kits are Bearpaw and Shypaw." She sighed. Otterpaw gasped in surprise.
"BEARPAW and Shypaw!" She stared at the tabby she-cat, licking her white paw. She nodded.
"Why are you so surprised?" She mewed, shocked.
"Bearpaw and Shypaw are the kits of Redstar, so that means... Your Redstar's mate..." She mumbled as Shadowpaw woke up.
"Woah! Who are you!?" He stared at Rowanheart.
"I'm Rowanheart, a harmless loner who was from DustClan." She said. Shadowpaw stared at her in shock.
"I'll explain everything after we ate." Otterpaw nugged Shadowpaw as she took a bite from the rabbit.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Darkpaw jerked her head up. Otterpaws nest was cold. She sighed as she stood up. She licked herself before going outside.

"Featherpaw!, Go fetch fewerfew!" Lark yowled. Snowkit was breathing heavily. He had a fever when the gathering was over. Dewfish was worried and reported immediately when they came back. Darkpaw stared worried at the poor kit. Greytail was in the medicine cat's den. He had greencough. He has been coughing the whole night.

Wolfpaw came up to Darkpaw.
"Icestar is organizing the search patrol now. Come listen." She said as she turned and dashed towards the crowd of warriors and apprentices. Darkpaw followed her.

Icestar was looking at the crowd.
"Blackshade, Flameheart, Whitefur, Wolfpaw and Darkpaw will go." He announced. Darkpaws eyes glittered.
I will find my sister and bring her back to the Clan. Icestar turned to look at the medicine cat's den.
"And Lark will come with you." He added.

That's when Lark came towards them.
"Featherpaw can't handle herself here!" Lark yowled.
"She will be fine." Icestar said. Lark sighed and nodded.
"You will start going now." Icestar said. He turned around and went in his den.

Lark sighed as she stared at the chosen cats.
"Let's go." Blackshade snorted as he turned to leave. Darkpaw followed with Wolfpaw on her heals. They left the camp and went to look for Otterpaw and Shadowpaw.

Darkpaw was sniffing at bushes to try to find Otterpaws or Shadowpaws, but she found nothing. Wolfpaw was with Flameheart looking around as Blackshade sniffed the ground.

"Nothing here." Flameheart reported. Darkpaw sighed as Wolfpaw came up to her.

Thats when a screech was heard. Everyone rushed towards the sound. They saw Blackshade growling and pinning a white tom cat on the snow. They can't barely make out him as his pelt is just like the snow.

"I found an intruder!" Blackshade yowled.
"Get off me fleebag!" The white tom was struggling. Thats when a flash of a orange pelt went on Blackshade, making him fall to the ground.

Then the white tom got to his paws and smiled as the orange cat stood up.
"Stay away from him!" The orange tom hissed at Blackshade. Darkpaw skitted to a halt as Wolfpaw snarled at the orange tom.

"What are you two doing in SnowClans territory!?" Wolfpaw snapped. The two strangers froze.
"SnowClan territory?" The white cat repeated. Thats when Flameheart, Whitefur and Lark came.

"There kittypets. There no harm to us." Flameheart said as he help Blackshade stand up. The orange tom snorted.
"I can break every single bone you have!" He spat.

"Sorry. Your right. We're no harm to you." The white tom smiled friendly as he glanced at the orange tom who just snorted.
"My name is Salt. This orange tom is Jake." Salt mewed.

Wolfpaw glanced at Darkpaw.
Larks eyes shone.
"My name is Flameheart. The white she-cat is Whitefur, the black tom is Blackshade, the grey and white she-cat is Wolfpaw, the black and white she-cat is Darkpaw and this is Lark." Flameheart said as he pointed with his tail towards Lark.

Lark dipped her head politely.
"Lark!?"