chapter 5 (halfway rewritten, read until the cut)

N

I

C

O

      Though the battle had ended with Octavian life, a thick tension hung around us. Cutting glares and snide whispers were traded amongst each other as Nico surveyed the carnage.

Reyna headed towards the dinning hall to meet with the senators and legion members and coach wondered off towards to woods fo help with the extermination of the fire. His head was pounding, god he needed some nectar to dull the pain. At this point an ice pack would've sufficed. He limped off towards the camp infirmary but the aches worsened as the energy of the area rose.

Groans of pain echoed through the Infirmary as Nico got closer. The stench of blood clogged his nose and stung at his eyes. It's been so long since he'd seen distruction like this and his body still needed to adjust to the almost overpowering aura of slipping life forces and screaming souls.

Several nature spirits whimpered as their branches and leaves sustained numerous burns and implements. Will Solace was draped over them, tending to their injuries even though he himself sported several scars and bandages. His brows furrowed in concentration and chapped pink lips were placed between anxious white teeth. His entire body was the light amid a room of darkness and sorrow. It made Nico beyond nervous and he hesitated with his approach. With a quick swipe of his black jeans in an attempt to wipe off monster scum and blood that didn't seem to be his, Nico walked closer to stand next to the Apollo boy.

Will all but jumped into the air when Nico nervously cleared his throat. His face melted into a welcoming smile that barely hid the stress he really felt. It almost made Nico pity the boy.

"Oh, um, hey Nico didn't see you there" an awkward chuckle emitted from his twitching smile. His voice was cracking and the corners of his eyes still seemed to crinkle with joy. It was practically a spiritual experience talking to Will, with the soft glow and harmonious presence. Will cocked a questioning brow. "Is there anything you need or are u here for a friendly visit?" Nico could feel his face heating up as he choked on his words.

"Oh, yeh,um y-yes" His eyes couldn't stick to one spot in the room."Do you have any extra ambrosia or nectar? I need um a quick boost of energy before I head out." He unconsciously started to fiddle with the skull ring on his finger.

Wills smile dropped a fraction at that. "wait, you're leaving already? But you literally just got here and the battle just finished. Annabeth and Percy aren't even back yet!"

He grimaced a his words came out strained and low. "Yeah, rather just head put before they get here. I've need here long enough and the death is splitting my head in half."

"Oh, well I've got just the thing for you" Will gave a quick turn towards the medics box next to him and hurriedly pulled out a small back of squared pieces of tape.

He could tell his voice was souring as the conversation went on, but he didn't want to stop it. "Wow. Thanks Will, I can definitely tape together the crack in my skull." A soft pink bellowed across a sea of freckles and tanned skin. The son of Apollo gave a pout at the teasing. And gods it made Nico's heart stop beating.

"It's a nectar patch. The Hephaestus kids have been helping js develop it for the past few months. It's pretty much a sticky patch of condensed nectar that absorbs into ur skin overtime. It helps with power pains and aches. The coolest thing about it though is that it's not going to kill you if you stick too many on you and acts like a strong painkiller to mortal rather than solid fire. That doesn't mean you can go around head to toe in these little guys, they take a while to make and I'm the only one with and complete batch." Will kept babbling on with enthusiasm and out the benifits of the invention, quickly becoming both frustrating and endearing. His talking came to a slow halt eventually and a gentle disappointment took over. "Do you really have to go? There's always room for you here at camp."

Wills soft blue eyes searched for an answer in Nicos chocolate ones. He couldn't help but avert his gave from the other boys intense stare.

"I don't know Will, I think it'll be better for everyone if I went my own way. What good could I do while I'm here? I just dampen the mood. It's kind of my place to be surrounded by nothing but death, being the son of Hades and all y'know."

******************  unedited after the cut ***********literally a different plot*************please don't read past this point  l m a o

Percy was dead.

He couldn't be dead, but he was. The savior was dead. My cousin was dead. My hero was dead.

How could he leave me all alone. He's gone just like Bianca. I will bring him back, but unlike what happened to Bianca, I won't take no for an answer.  I will drag him out of the Underworld if I have to. I brought back Hazel so why not Percy, Im sure no one would mind if I brought him back.

I shadow traveled to the underworld and found Percy standing in the line, waiting to be judged. He would most likely end up in Elysium.

I ran to him and grabbed his ghostly arm. He didn't seem surprised to see me.

"hey death breath." He said as if this was just a normal day and he wasn't dead.

"I'm bringing you back Percy and you have no say in the situation!"

Percy looked like he was thinking.

"Nico, I don't belong there now. I died so I belong with the dead. I'm sorry Neeks."

I felt tears streaming down my face. I am not giving up that easy. I am the ghost king and Percy was a ghost, that means I have control over him.

"Perseus jackson! You will do what I tell you to do! You will be by my side forever and you will not leave me alone. You will come with me to the world of the living whether you like it or not!"

Percy's eyes glazed over as if he were controlled by charm speak. he nodded his head slowly and groggily. I kind of felt bad for controlling him, but it was the only way I could bring him back.

I shadow traveled both of us to the woods in Camp Half-blood. I was so excited to have Percy back. I looked at him expecting to see him in flesh and blood, but was surprised to see his ghost. In his right hand was Riptide in pen form. How does he have Riptide if he isn't solid!? And why isn't he solid?! What went wrong? why is he a ghost still?! I felt so confused and frustrated my head felt like it was going to explode. I couldn't just go up to Hades and ask, shit! Hades was here and he might take Percy back to the Underworld!

"Percy stay here and dont move" I told him in a slightly panicked voice. He rolled his eyes and mumbled that he couldn't go any where anyways. Since when was he such a smartass?

I ran around trying to find Annabeth. I got to the beach and found her crying on the sand. I rushed towards her and put my hand on her shoulder. She quickly turned around and put her dagger to my throat. When she saw who I was she put her pointy weapon away.

"What do you want Nico!" She said while wiped away tears.

"I have to show you something really really really important!!!!" She looked at me with with a confused face. I grabbed her hand and pulled her with me in the direction of Percy.