We are so grateful

Tommy's: POV

"Adam, we have to go to the harbor!" I said. "The sun is not even up!" he replied. "I don't care and we must go now!" I said.

I went up and changed to a hoddie and jeans. I walked out and waited at Adam. "Why so early?" he asked and yawned. "Because it's about Lily!" I said. For a second, he forgot that he was tired. "Is she okay?" asked Adam. "I hope so!" I said.

***

We walked to the harbor and the city was still sleeping. Everything was quiet and peaceful.

Suddleny took Adam out his gun and directed it at something. The figure came closer and it was a zombie. But she seemed so human and her dark eyes shone with warmth.

"I think she wants us to follow her!" I said. "Are you crazy?" asked Adam. "She's not dangerous!" I said. "She's a...!" he started, but I cut him off. "Just trust me!" I said. "Fine!" he muttered.

We followed the woman to a container and she opened the door. Lily lay on a mattress on the ground wrapped in a warm blanket.

Next to her there was an empty plate and there were blood stains left. We both understood what had happened.

"Her biological partens left her here to die, but I took care of Lily during her transformation!" said the woman. "We are so grateful!" I replied.

"Not all zombies are bad or dangerous. There are those who are good and caring!" she said. "My dad was killed by a group of zombies when I was three years old. I became a hunter to avenge his death!" replied Adam. "I'm very sorry for your loss!" said Maria. "It's okay!" he replied.

She handed over Lily to us and she slept deeply. "Promise me to protect her at all costs!" said Maria. "We promise!" I replied. "Thank you!" she said.

Maria is like a grandmother to Lily❤️ Adam changed his view of zombies, he knows it's their nature to kill. I hope you liked this chapter.

~MoonGlambert~