Chapter Two - On her own

I rather be on my own in this world then with you

"Welcome home Veronica!" Her mother greets Veronica from the dinner table with fake happiness.

Veronica walks towards the table and doesn't sit down.

"Are you guys really acting like nothing happened?" Veronica questioned. Her voice full of annoyance.

"Veronica, honey sit down and eat some food.", her mother says wearily. Veronica's mom eyes were begging for her to stop being defiant but Veronica ignored her completely just like all the times her mother had ignored and neglected her ever since Hiram came home.

Daddy smirks and starts to drink some wine.

"No mother. I'm not eating with a criminal.", Veronica says bluntly.

"Veronica please just sit down I made your favorite pasta. You can't pin this thing with Archie on your father.", Heriomne said trying to be a mediator.

"Yeah the same father that almost got both of us revenged killed three nights ago!", Veronica says knowing she's touching a nerve in her mother that stops her from arguing back. No matter how much her mother tries to forget that night she had to kill someone to defend herself due to Hiram's criminal. It always sits in the back of her head and forces her to stop being fake. Hiram Lodge starts to talk.

"A criminal went to jail Veronica. Just because it's your boyfriend doesn't make it any different. The same boyfriend that made a little neo-nazi group and murdered that poor boy their near my lodge." He says relaxed and coyly.

"You know he didn't murder that boy it was one of your goons and you know it. You manipulated Archie into making the Red circle. Your a heartless liar.", Veronica says as he glares down at her. Her mom snaps out of her trance.

" Remember Veronica! He's your father and you shou-!", Hermione starts.

"Oh yeah Fred's a father too. A father probably sitting in a police station in distress because of what daddy did.", Veronica shot out at her mother.

Her mother's eyes start to water and she looks away. Veronica knows she still in love with Fred Andrews. Her father snaps something he rarely does.

"Don't mention that adulterer in my household! Your a disgrace to this family! Bartering with me for pops! Hanging out with Southside serpent scum! All you do is bring shame to this family!", Her father yells and grabs Veronica's arm. Veronica's mother is softly crying. His fingernail cut into Veronica's skin so hard She can and does feel her eyes water. He let's go of her after a little bit. Veronica then knew she made up her mind.

"Now sit down for dinner Veronica.", Hiram says calmly now sitting at the dinner table.

"No, I'm done. I'm leaving." Veronica say calmly and turn to her bedroom to pack.