Chapter Five - Investigation

I saw you last nightIt was the day of the plan, Veronica got up early and put on a simple black top and a black skirt

It was the day of the plan, Veronica got up early and put on a simple black top and a black skirt. She put simple light green sweater over it. She started to wash her face and put the little bit of makeup on she had. When fixing her hair a knock at the door interrupted. Veronica opens the door wearily with a brush in her hand.

"Umm hello?", Veronica said with door slightly open peeking outside.

"Morning Mrs. Lodge..",The hotel manger says to her in a greasy voice. He's wearing a Tank top with a big stain on his belly. Veronica frowned in disgust.

"I came to tell you that this coming Thursday I'll be needing money from you if you plan to stay for another week.", He explains.

"Right..", Veronica says sighing while running her fingers through her hair.

"But you know I always have other options of payment miss lodge.", He says while eyeing my leg. What a gentleman? She thought while rolling her eyes. She glared at him.

"You'll have the money by thisThursday.", Veronica say coldly.

"Is that all?", Veronica ask with a fake smile on her face.

"Yeah.. whatever... same amount Thursday." He says before leaving. Veronica closed the door and sank to the floor.

"What the hell am I going to do? I barely have a enough money to buy two meals at pops. I need to start thinking of ways to get money.",Veronica thought to herself. Her phone goes off and it's a message from the one and only Betty Cooper.

B👱🏻‍♀️:Hey I might need to stay with my mom for a while.. I won't be able to make it to the break in I'm sorry. Jughead's still coming though

Veronica is pissed but she gives her the benefit of the doubt and responds.

Veronica:It's okay B. Don't worry.

Veronica sighs and stands up, she puts on her shoes on and then she starts to walk to the library a street down from her old home. She grabs her old house keys that she stole and left.

~

Veronica has never really been in the library at Riverdale. She just never got the chance too. It was Jughead's idea to meet here. Veronica walks inside the foreign place to be greeted by the smelly of old books. The library is pretty much empty. There is a older lady who Veronica assumed was the library and a mom teaching her kid to read in one of the back tables.

Looking at the kid practicing how to say the word cat and the mom encouraging her growing reading ability. It brings a sad smile to her soft tan face. Veronica misses my mom. She would never admit it, but She does. Veronica walk up to the smiling librarian.

"Hi, how can I help you?", the librarian asked with a sweet voice.

"Umm I'm looking for a boy that just came in here. He wears a knitted beanie.."