Chapter Seven - Waiting Tables

"Do you like it?"The next day, Veronica after a long day of school, saunters into Pops

"Do you like it?"
The next day, Veronica after a long day of school, saunters into Pops. She looks around and then walks to the back of the diner looking for Pop. She walks into the kind man's small office.

"Veronica what are you doing here?", Pops says in his cheerful voice.

"Believe it or not Pops I'm looking for a job.", Veronica says.

The owner of the motel this morning had been more persistent about his money and the other offers she could do besides money. She knew she needed to get a job and fast but she didn't know any other place but pops to go get money.

"What?" The kind man asked in disbelief.

"I need a job. Ever since I bartered for Pops my dad hasn't given me any money for finances and I don't want to take money out of the little money Pops makes especially since we don't have that money due to all the work being done on the speakeasy. So I need to get a job."

Pops looked at me and then said, "But Veroni-"

"Look pops even though I own pops. You still are really the owner. I'm just the proprietor. You are really the heart behind this diner and I don't want to take money out of the little money it has right now. Your the owner. I'm just the person behind the scenes.", Veronica begged.

"Very selfless. Alright Veronica. We are low on workers anyway. Do you have any skills in the kitchen?"

"Definitely not.", Veronica replies honestly. She can't cook at all.

"Then waitress it is. Morning or Night shift?", he said with a hearty laugh. Veronica smiles, thankful for Pop's generosity.

"Night shifts. Definitely.", Veronica didn't want anyone to know she worked here or more questioning would follow.

"And when the speakeasy opens no working on speakeasy night. Pretty please Pops!" Veronica begged.

"Fine you are the boss." The old man said with a smile.

-

Jughead stood outside of Betty's house confused. The house was completely dark but Betty told him to meet him. It seemed a little weird but Jughead knocked on the door anyway. The door was unlocked and creaked open. Jughead stood in the door way concerned.

"Umm Betty?" Jughead asked.

"Up here!" Betty yelled from upstairs. Jughead closed the door and locked it then walked up stairs. The house was dark but no too dark to not be able to navigate.

He walked up to the second floor and walked to Betty's room. He slowly opened the door to see Betty laying on the bed in a slick black wig longer than the wigs she's worn before and a black revealing lingerie. He couldn't not notice the new pearl necklace around her neck. He was stunned at Betty's appearance. He's never seen her wear an outfit like this before. Sure, he seen the lingerie but the necklace was different and so was the hair.

(A/N: Jughead isn't a virgin. Betty and him still did the devils tango after Veronica communion, but they didn't have sex at the Lodge Lodge. At the Lodge Lodge, Betty and Jughead made out for a bit then Jughead made the excuse that he was tired and goes to sleep avoiding having sex with her. Jughead tells her in the morning he prefers normal blond Betty Cooper. Which warms Betty's heart. Betty lies to Veronica when asked about the bed squeaking and says they had sex while wearing her dark Betty costume.)

Betty gets off her bed and walks towards Jughead.

"Do you like it?", Betty says to the stunned unresponsive boy in a soft voice. She leads him to her bed and they start making out. Jughead is extremely confused but makes out with her anyway. Betty lays him down on the bed and starts to take off his clothes slowly. She throws off his beanie and starts to take off his shirt when she does she starts to untie the belt. Jughead finally snapping out of confusion.

"Betty stop.", Jughead says softly to her not wanting to make the girl upset. She doesn't listen and contained to rip his belt off. Jughead finally pulls back from Betty's eager hands.

"Betty stop now." He yells aggressively. He says standing up and backing up a little from the bed.

"What what's wrong?" She asked annoyed.

"I don't -"

"Don't worry I have condoms.", Betty says in a try hard sexy voice.

"No that not why." Jughead says. Betty looks at him blankly.

" I just don't want to do this now. I don't want to do it with you like th-", Jughead starts to explain.

"No you don't want to have sex with me you rather have it with Veronica huh? Am I not good enough for you?", Betty yells tears starting to fill her eyes.

"Wait Betty are you serious?! Veronica and I?? What are y-", Jughead asked in confusion.

"Get out!", she yells aggressively.

"Wait Betts! I'm sor-"

Betty's soft hand connects with Jughead cheek and she yells another time for me to leave her alone and go away. So Jughead does.

Betty let the mysterious texting stranger to plant a seed in her mind. She let the stranger get under skin.

Jughead leaves her house with his beanie and backpack in hand and in shock. Jughead felt like crap.

'What's this talk about him and Veronica? Betty's not making any sense.Maybe it's the emotions of her dad's situation', Jughead thought to himself, but that didn't stop Jughead from feeling like crap.

What the hell is going on with her? Jughead not knowing where to go, needing to think, and desperately needing coffee takes his motorcycle to Pops. It's late so there isn't really anyone here.

He walks in and sits down at one of the booth and throws his beanie down on the table. He looks down at the table in annoyance.

'Fuck how did this night go so wrong?', Jughead thought to himself.

"Hello sir what can I get you to drink?", A voice probably a tired waitress asks. The voice is extremely familiar though.

"A cup of co-", Jughead starts to reply. His eyes widen at the sight of Veronica Lodge with her black silky hair pulled back into a high ponytail that still let her bangs escape. Her brown almond eyes are somewhat tired looking. She's wearing a yellow Pops uniforms that has her own name tag on it. That confirmed the appearance.

"Veronica Lodge the richest girl in town is working at Pops? And the plot thickens.

(I'm still editing this chapter!)