XI

Wow...okay. Gosh. It's been so long since I've been back here....been so long since I've even read a piece of my writing.
I haven't been writing stories anymore....I've kinda lost that spark. The creativity spark. Lost it all. I don't draw, or paint, write, or even make arts and crafts anymore.

Everything's just gotten so...bleak.

And after rereading this short little story, I've realized, I'm slowly falling back into the place I was back then. I've grown up...I've grown up a lot...and I've learned a lot. I know a lot more than I did in the past.
Reading the poems and short stories in this book, and all the countless unpublished books that I've written, it's made me realize that the things I've went through have been....shit.

Plain and simple. And granted, life is pretty good for me, it still sucks.

Every day I see society plague us with hatred. Hatred for people and for ourselves.
The world as we know it is slowly slipping away, and I can feel it pulling me down with it.

The good thoughts have been hard to keep in mind when life begins to get tough. The bad sometimes outweighs the good, and what can I say?
It's hard to be happy when you have to pretend.

I'm in trouble. And I know it....and I'm trying to fight it.

But the days are flying by and I don't have wings. I can't keep up.

And I'm trying, but I do know it's difficult...

And I want everyone else who's struggling with life or their emotions or any tiny mishap in their life to keep trying.
Things will get better.
For you.
For me.
For everyone.

....maybe our time here is short. Maybe hours and days and weeks fly by so fast that we can't keep up the pace...don't let that discourage you like it has me...because when you can't fly with the flock...try gliding with the wind.

Take it easy.
Rest your mind.
Rest your body.
You're doing great.
You're good enough.
You're beautiful.
You're handsome.
You're smart.
You're tough.
You're loved.

You are important.

~Tot
8-28-18