Chapter 5

Chapter 5

When we left it was starting to get dark. We said good-bye to Alex then made our way to my uncle's house. We pulled into the drive way of a mansion and my mouth dropped. "You live here?" he chuckled and nodded before getting out and heading to the front door. I had to jog to catch up with him before he went inside. When he opened the door the first thing I saw was a beautiful diamond chandelier hanging over a table in the middle of the front room. I was still gawking at the front room when a woman came in and gave my uncle a kiss making me feel uncomfortable. She turned to me when they finally broke away she looked at me her cheeks turning pink from embarrassement and said "I'm sorry, I'm Abbigale your aunt ,you must be Emma." "I'm sorry, I hope I'm not intruding." I said laughing then covering it with a cough but smiling the whole time. They both started laughing and I soon joined in with them. When we all stopped laughing they both smiled at me then my aunt said "No,of course not sweetie. I'm sorry about your mom but were so happy to have you here. My son is around here somewhere.....you can meet him at dinner. I'll show you to your room."

We walked up two sets of stairs before she stopped in front of a door. "Here's your room. Supper is at 7 so be ready." I nodded then she walked back downstairs as I walked into my new room. I gasped which seemed like the millionth time that day. The first thing I saw was a flat screen tv hanging on the only purple wall in the room. The rest of the walls were green along with a purple canopy bed. I guess I had been looking around for a long time because when I looked at the clock it was 7:02. I ran down the stairs as fast as I could but remembered I didnt know where the dining room was! I ran around for a couple more minutes and finally stumbled into the dining room.

"I'm so sorry,I couldnt find the dining room!" I said breathing heavily while sitting down on the left hand side of my uncle. He was sitting at the head of the table while my aunt was sitting on his right hand side and a boy I guessed was my cousin sat on her right side. They smiled at me then Abbigale said "It's fine honey I should've sent someone up to get you. Emma I want you to meet my son Isaac." she said. I gave him a small smile and he returned it. They all asked me questions throughout dinner and answered any questions I had. I knew then that I was going to have a great time living with them.