Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I kept running and didn't stop until I had to. When I looked up I had made it to the music studio. When I caught my breath I walked up to the door to find it, surprisingly, unlocked. I walked in and decided to explore. I walked into a room I'd never seen before and saw that the only thing in the room was a piano. I walked up to it and felt the keys. I longed to play but I didn't want anyone to hear. I walked back to the door and looked both ways to make sure there was no one there then closed the door. I walked back to the piano and started to play Catch Me by Demi Lovato. It was my favorite song and I always got lost in it. That's probably why I didn't hear the door open. I finished the song and wiped the tears that had escaped away. I jumped when I heard someone clapping and turned around quickly. Alex was standing there clapping and grinning like a mad man. I looked down and he said "Emma your amazing!" I looked at him and said "You really think so?" with a small smile. He nodded and said "Your one of the best I've heard in a long time." That was one of the sweetest things I heard but he had to ruin it by saying "Well except for me of course." I rolled my eyes and laughed at his cockiness. We sat there for about another hour just talking about random things when he asked me "So why are you here?" I smiled and said "I could ask you the same thing." He laughed and said "Well I was working on writing a new song. What's your excuse?" I shook my head and said "This is just where I ended up." His smile faltered and he asked me what was wrong. I looked at him and then decided I could trust him. "When I was younger I had a sister. We were twins. When we were 13 she had afterschool practice for soccer. She was supposed to get home by 5 but she never came home and I just knew she was dead. A few days later they found her body on the side of the road. She has been raped and murdered. Today at the club a guy came up to me and he kept touching me and I just kept thinking that that was going to happen to me. So I ran and this is where I ended up." A single tear ran down my face and Alex wiped it away and pulled me into a hug. We sat there like that for a while and it just felt right like we were meant to be this way. Everywhere we touched there seemed to be fireworks going off. Yeah I guess that sounded cheesy but that's exactly how it felt and I didn't want it to end. We finally pulled apart and he grabbed my hand. He looked me in the eyes and I could tell he was serious when he said "I promise I wont let that happen to you." I let a small smile form on my lips and blushed a little. "Thank you." I told him and pulled him into another hug. He chuckled a little and said "Anything for you." I smiled a bigger smile and pulled away. I got up and went to the door but before I left I turned and gave him a smile before walking out and back home. I went to sleep happier than I ever had that night.