Chapter Five

Juliana was at David's house with Liza and Gabbie. They were filming a skit for David's vlog. 

"Are we done?" Gabbie groaned. 

Juliana plopped down on his couch. "David, I swear if I have to repeat the same shit again I will kill you." 

Liza plopped down next to Juliana. "Agreed." 

David laughed. "Yes, we're done." 

"Oh thank God!" Juliana grinned sitting up. She grabbed her backpack and looked at all three of them. "Well this was fun, but I really need to go finish my essay." she sighed. 

Liza pouted. "Don't leave me." 

Juliana frowned and made a heart shape with her hands. "I will be back soon." 

Liza whined. "Fine." 

Juliana said her goodbyes and walked out of his house and towards her car. She got in and drove out of his driveway and made her way to the cafe where she usually studies at. When she made it to the cafe the cute barista was working and she blushed when he smiled at her. She made her way towards her usual table which was in the corner where she had the perfect view of him making drinks. She set down her bag and took out her wallet and walked over to the counter. 

"Coffee, black, no sugar, and a slice of red velvet cake?" the barista said. 

She blushed and nodded her head. "I come here a lot, don't I?"

He laughed and nodded his head. "Yeah, but you're one of my favorite customers." 

"I feel special." she grinned. 

"Alright, enough flirting with the pretty girl and make her, her coffee." another barista passed by. 

He blushed and looked down. "I-I, that would be $4.07." 

Juliana giggled. "Here." she handed him a ten dollar bill. He handed her the change which she put in the tip jar. He looked at her and gave her a confused look. "Usually people just put the coins." 

"You deserve it." she smiled softly. 

He handed her coffee and cake. "And why is that?" he raised an eyebrow. 

Juliana bit her lip and giggled. "You're cute."

She grabbed her coffee and cake and made her way towards her table. She sat down and took out her laptop and began to type her essay and edit on the side. She occasionally looked up to see the barista looking at her. They both kept smiling at each other and then started making funny faces. His manager noticed and shook her head before walking up to him. Juliana's eyes widened and she looked back down at her laptop. 

A few minutes later the barista walked by and sat across from her. Juliana looked up and blushed. "Did I get you in trouble?" 

He shook his head and laughed softly. "No, but you will if I don't get your number." 

Juliana raised an eyebrow and sat up straighter. She shut her laptop and looked at the barista. "What's your name?" 

"If you give me your phone number I'll tell you," he smirked. 

Juliana rolled her eyes jokingly and took out her phone and unlocked it. "Here." she handed the phone to him. 

He grabbed it and typed in his number. He handed it back to her and smiled. "Thank you." 

"Cute barista, really?" she laughed reading his contact name. 

"Well, I should get back to work." he got up.