Chapter Four:

Caroline woke up in the afternoon. She groaned when she sat up. She got out of bed and made her way towards the kitchen where she saw Juliana cooking. Juliana looked up at her and grinned. "I'm making pancakes." 

Caroline blew her a kiss and sat down at their dining table. Juliana finished up the batter and was setting up the table. She poured two glasses of orange juice, and two mugs filled with coffee. She cut up some fruit and put it on the side of the plate and added three pancakes on each plate. She brought the plates to the table and set it in front of Caroline. 

"I love you," Caroline said in a raspy voice. 

Caroline took a bite of her pancakes and moaned. "So, good." 

Juliana laughed. "Better than you and Alex making out last night?" 

Caroline's eyes widened and her mouth. "I hooked up with Alex last night?" she spoke with her mouth opened.

Juliana nodded. "Yeah, it was pretty hot! You guys would be so cute together."

Caroline shook her head and swallowed. "No, no we wouldn't! I was just you know, drunk." 

Juliana rolled her eyes. "We both know you liked it. Admit it you think he's cute." 

"Yeah, but I don't have time to be making out with somebody." Caroline pointed out. 

Juliana shrugged. Both of them continued to eat their breakfast and talk about what happened last night and Juliana's plan for her video today with David. When they finished Caroline cleaned up the table and washed the dishes while Juliana was in the shower. When Caroline washed the last plate she heard a knock on the door. She dried her hands and opened the door to reveal Jake. 

Her eyes widened. "W-What are you doing here?" 

"I stopped by yesterday to congratulate you on school and your internship, I just- you never texted me so I wanted to know if Juliana told you," Jake spoke softly. 

Juliana got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her body. She walked out to the living room. "Caroline, who's at the door?" 

She looked at Jake and her eyes widened. "Caroline-"

"Was it him that was at the door yesterday?" Caroline asked Juliana. 

Juliana looked down and nodded her head. Caroline looked back at Jake. "Thank you for stopping by and saying that, but you have to go Jake." 

"I know, just wanted to let you know my family and I are very proud of you," he said softly before turning away and walking down the hallway.

Caroline shut the door and looked at Juliana. "I'm not mad, just tell me the truth," she said softly. 

Juliana looked up and nodded. "I'm sorry, you were just doing great without him and I didn't want anything to change." 

Caroline smiled. "It wouldn't," she said before walking to the bathroom to take a shower. 

Juliana walked to her room to change. She never understood why Caroline and Jake broke up. She always said it was just the timing and all, and that he did something. Juliana never questioned it because she didn't know if it was a sensitive topic, but it was killing her that she didn't know. 

When Caroline was finished with her shower she walked into her room to find Juliana sitting on her bed. She gave her a confused look. "What are you doing here?" 

Juliana took a deep breath. "Why did you and Jake break up?" 

Caroline's eyes widened. "W-What?"