Chapter Seven

After Juliana was finished with her last class she was going to head to the cafe to meet up with Drew, but David had texted her to come over. Juliana pulled into his driveway and got out of the car. David opened his front door and shut it behind him. He walked towards his Tesla.

Juliana looked at him and back at the house. "Where are you going?"

"We're going on a ride, now get in."

Juliana shrugged and made her way towards his car. They both got into his car and pulled out of his driveway and drove to wherever David planned to go.

"How was your class?"

Juliana groaned. "So long, the professor just kept talking about the book he published twenty years ago and it was such a shitty book."

David laughed. "How's yours coming?"

Juliana paused and bit her lip. She didn't know how to respond to that question. She's been asked that for weeks now and she just stays quiet.

"Did you hear me?" David asked looking at her.

Juliana looked at him and scrunched her face. "I don't know how it's coming."

"What do you mean?" his face softened.

Juliana sighed. "I don't have the motivation anymore, I just need something to get me back into the mood."

Davis looked at her for a moment. He grinned when he had an idea to get her motivated. He played some music loudly and began to sing and dance in his seat. Juliana looked at him with a confusing look.

"What are you doing?" she laughed.

"Come on, you know we used to do this all the time!" he grinned.

Juliana shook her head and laughed. "Nope, not going to do this."

"Come on!" he pouted."

Juliana continued shaking her head. "Not gonna happen."

David changed the song. "Now you have to sing to this, I know it's your favorite."

Juliana looked away from David and smiled. She started mumbling the words until David grabbed her hand and used it as a mic. She looked at him and rolled her eyes jokingly before singing the chorus.

"I'd catch a grenade for ya." she sang loudly.

David smiled widely. "Yes!"

They continued to the chorus until Juliana grabbed his phone and searched for some other throwbacks. She played Since My Boo and David's face lit up.

"No way." he grinned.

After a few more songs and the little concert session they had, the music had died down and it was only them too. Juliana looked at David and smiled. "Why'd you do that?"

"What do you mean?" David asked looking at her before looking back at the road.

"We haven't done that in a year, and you brought it back. Why?"

David shrugged. "You seemed stressed so this was something to make you forget and just enjoy life for a few minutes."

Juliana paused before looking down and smiling to herself. "Thank you."

She looked up at David and at the road. "Where are we even going?" she chuckled.

"I honestly have no idea, I just needed to go on a drive and figured we could do our talks like we used to." he shrugged.

"Something bothering you?" she spoke softly.

David nodded his head. "Everyone is always telling me I should be grateful for the life I have and I am, you know I have amazing friends, an amazing girlfriend, a job that I love, my family, I have all this shit, but I'm missing something."