10

A warm breeze blows across my face...
Who opened my windows...I locked em up yesterday night....

I began to wonder in my sleep....

The breeze blows more,making me uncomfortable and I wake up firstly to find my windows and curtains opened accompanied by Mom's incessant blowing of breeze on my face...

She stares at me wide eyed..

"Good morning honey,its time you woke up"...

" Mom...its a Saturday... I need lots of sleep"..I complained..

"Really? Its almost 10am!" She said as she walked out.

Bringing a hand to my sleep induced and now baggy eyes.
I rub the tiredness from them. I went straight into the bathroom...I screamed when I saw my hair sticking out in different places...

"What's wrong honey?Are you okay" Mom shouted from the kitchen..

"Yeah,Mom..I'm fine..its nothing" I replied..

Grabbing a brush I try not to wince as I run it through my extremely knotted hair.

After tying it into a high ponytail...I strip from my pyjamas and take a quick shower...
Thank Goodness...My PMSing times are done..

I quickly changed into a beige top with dark jeans and slipped on my slippers..
I receive a text message and its from Keisha "Hey babe,meet me downstairs.."

Well,what's wrong this time around.
I rush off downstairs grabbing my sweater...its a little bit cold this morning...

"Sasha,morning, how was your beauty sleep?" Keisha said beaming happily.

"It was disrupted by you and mom,you seem so happy,what's up?".. I asked as I slumped into the couch next to her.

" Jake asked me on a date,so,I decided to tell you before I leave...."Keisha said..trailing off..

"Wow you guys seem to have something going,right?" I asked ,winking at her ..

She laughed,covered her eyes shyly..taking a peek at me like a little child would...and then said" I can't believe it, good luck's come my way because of you".

"Seriously? Because of me?" I shot back,puzzled.

"Of course,its you,don't you know,oh,you're so clueless.." She said,shaking her head.

"Clueless?About what?".. I asked,getting more puzzled.

" End of story"She shouted and winked...
"I'll come get you in the evening for the party" She added while making her way out of the house...

"Goodbye,Mrs.Wales" She said at the top of her voice.

"Bye Dear,have a nice day" Mom replied.

Just after that,Mom comes into the living room offering me some Pringles to eat while she sat next to me.

"Honey,Dr.John called and told me that you haven't been taking your medications. You ought to....."

"Yeah Mom,I haven't been taking 'em ,I thought I would be better by now" I said,cutting her off.

"You had those nightmares again,right?"..... She said

Mom really had the talent of reading my mind and my mood...but she is such a busy woman and I don't wanna disturb her with my situation..

" Yeah Mom,but that was five days ago" I said pulling a remorseful face.

She moved closer "You can trust me ,you can  tell me whatever is going on,I'll be there for you" She said and I could sense her eyes brimming with tears through her voice...

"I know Mom,its just that...never mind. I'll be fine,trust me" I replied.

"I trust you honey, that's why I need you to let go and recover quickly. I want my baby back" Mom said ,finally bursting into tears.

I hated seeing Mom this way,it tore my insides up .
I felt like I was the reason why she had lost her smile,it seemed like she had forgotten how to smile frequently.
The good old days were gone.

"Mom,stop crying,I will be fine and guess what. I'm going for a party tonight with Keisha and I would be able to meet new people and try to forget what happened" I said, trying to cheer her up.

"OK Honey,take care and have fun, don't get mixed with the bad guys.I gotta go, work calls" She said and kissed me on my forehead.

"On a Saturday?! Who does that?!They never give you a day off!". I whined.

" Something urgent came up at the bank so I have to be there ,won't be back till evening, I'm sorry honey" She said, pleading to go.

I let her go and then went back to my room.
Taking my phone and my earpiece, I pick a song and listened to it while I  drifted to a faraway land....

Finally, some mummy and daughter time..