26

Today is Prom.

And I am freaking out.

Maybe I'm not supposed to but I am .

Keisha's not been picking up her calls, she had to attend to something and I am here,sitting at my reading table ,legs crossed arms resting on the table with my chin on them.

I finally found what to wear .

It was the red backless gown with straps at the waistside and at the neck with a slit on its knee that Keisha and I had bought at the boutique the other day.

It kind of caught my eye while I searched my wardrobe and a mischievous smile crept up to my face.

Red...on me, kind of trapped Josh.

Now,I dressed to make him smile.

I could have worn the deep blue dress with black shimmering stones and laced at the arms with flowery patterns but I had worn it   to the dinner date with Josh at California.

Seeing that Keisha would take longer than expected, I decided that I would do my own makeup.

Okay,before you attack me with questioning looks,I have actually been practicing using those stuffs ...called makeup.

I am not really good at them but I guess practice makes perfect .I hope so though.

I really don't want to end up looking like a clown.

The time is 6:30pm and I get up to start preparing.

I bring out my kits and start to cakeup and makeup my face,applied blush and ended it with a deep hot red lipstick on my lips.

I smacked my lips in satisfaction and smiled at the perfection done by my hands.

I unwrap the plastic around my dress and it looks more beautiful than when I had gotten it.

I slip on my dress and yelled for my mother.

"Almost there" she yells back.

When she reaches my room,she stands at the door and stares..

"I need your help with the straps of my dress" I tell her.

"Oh,sure" She says.

After helping me with the straps, she moves on to my hair and styled it to look wavy.

She notices the chain on my neck and smiles.

I noticed tears welling up in her eyes.

"Mom, Josh gave this to me" I said.
"And you are about to cry,why?" I added.

She smiled at me.

"My baby's back,you are smiling more now and you've found trust too. I am so proud of you. I have a beautiful, intelligent, lovely and brave girl as a daughter and these tears you see are tears of joy and peace". She said.

I smile at her words and hug her tightly.
She was proud of me.

Dr John was right,I made  her  happy by improving.

I would forever be grateful to Dr John and my psychologist , Mrs Ryese.

The nightmares had stopped in the past few weeks but the memories still remained.....

She pulled out of the embrace and kissed me on the forehead.

" You look beautiful, honey . Josh would be here  any moment soon" She said, making to leave.

I took one last look at myself in the mirror before slipping on my heels.

Diane and Keisha were right, the dress brought out my curves..