If she lived.

Chapter 5

Tobias POV

"Caleb..." Tris gasps.

"Tris i am really sorry. I wanted to tell you. I know your mad but please." Caleb is pleading now.

"Why do you need us to watch her?" I ask confused.

"Well, her mother, my wife, Lorianna, passed away after having her." he says clearly pushes a lump down in his throat.

"I just- we miss her..." he starts.

"Oh, Caleb..." Tris trails off.

"We will watch her for you." I say. Tris looks at me. I can see her in the corner of my eye.

"Caleb, may we ask about her, Lorianna, that is." Says Tris.

"Please come in and sit down." i nod to Caleb and his daughter. Caleb sits and his daughter sits on his lap.

"I met her- Lorianna, after you and Tobias moved here i was wandering in the ruins of Abnegation and i saw her. Dark brown hair and deep brown eyes," he looks at the floor and continues.

"We talked, she was from Candor and transferred to Erudite. I saw her a few times in the Erudite headquarters and thought she was beautiful. We talked i asked her out then we unexpectedly had Natalie. It was love at first sight. But when she was giving birth to Natalie. She... ummm." Caleb looks so hurt. I feel bad. Horrible.

" I need you to watch her because i am taking a class for two weeks. I am trying to get a good job to pay for Natalie. It's just hard." says Caleb. Then Caleb looks at his watch and his eyes pop out of his head.

"Oh my god! I actually have to go! Now! I am so sorry i dont want to do this. Please forgive me!" Caleb clearly is in a rush. But he does not forget about Natalie.

"Okay baby, i love you but daddy has to go for awhile. But Aunt Beatrice and Uncle Tobias are going to watch you. I love you, Natalie. I really do. I got to go buh- bye sweetie." He kisses her on the head an cheek. Then turns to us.

"Thank you. Thank so much. I-I love you guys i really do." He hugs Tris then me and i hug back. He is family. I need to care.

"Bye Caleb." we say together.

"Bye." then he walks out blows a kiss to Natalie and is gone. Tris stands in shock. It happened so fast. She barely said anything. And now he's gone.