If she lived.

Chapter 17

Tris POV

I hear a little sob. I take my head off of Tobias's collar bone. He is crying.

"What? Why are you crying?" I ask him. He never cries, and now he can't contain it.

" I don't-i don't know..." he says taking a deep breath but not getting much air in.

"Hold on." I whisper in his ear. I stand up and he grabs my hand. His wrist is shaking, he is sweating and his face is wet with tears. His grasp on my hand is weak. I hate to say it but he is weak. He just sits, cries, eats and sleeps. The good thing is his leg is healing a lot faster because he does nothing.

"Tobias, let go. Now." i am getting frustrated. He looks in my eyes. And lets go. Then he turns his head and looks out the window. I stare at him. He is falling apart. I go to the kitchen, i am still wearing my pajamas. I make Tobias a cup of soup. Why is he acting like he is a weakling? He is stronger than this. I know.

"Tris! Help!" He squeaks from our bedroom. I swear to god, if he continues this i will yell at him. I walk into our bedroom and hand him the soup. But instead of taking it he just looks at me. He looks at me with big, glassy eyes. He shakes his head, sniffs his nose and throws the blanket off of him.
"Wait, what are you doing?" I ask him.
"Tris, i am done being a weak, lazy nobody! I am not like this! I can't stand it! He yells at me sitting on the side of the bed. I stare at him speechless. His has not raised his voice more than a whisper since the accident. He slowly stands up and wobbles but regains balance and slowly strides to the door. He has no limp, does not lose balance. You would never know what happened.
"Lets go!" he yells to me from the kitchen. I am still sitting on our bed when says it. I jump off it and walk to were he is standing in the kitchen. He grabs a water bottle and tosses one to me.
"Does-does it hurt, to walk on it?" I ask him.
"No. Its healed." He says. Its amazing, he goes from from bed ridden weakling to his normal self in 5 minutes.
"Tris?"
"Huh? What. Sorry." i stutter.
"Haha, its fine you were tuned out again." He chuckles.
"Oh, haha sorry." He opens the door and walks out.
"Thanks." i say when he holds the door for me.
"Ya, i was thinking we should she Christina. She called the other day. But i couldn't-"
"Get to it. I know." I snap at him. We are getting into the elevator. He sighs and looks down.
"I didn't mean to-" i start.
"Save it Tris." I lean up against the wall and he clenches his jaw. I choose to keep my mouth shut. I don't feel like arguing. The doors open and reveal the lobby. I nod at the man behind the counter and we walk out the door. Its the first time he has a fresh breath of air in weeks.