If she lived.

Chapter 18
Tobias POV

Its the day. I have been able to walk for days, but i wanted to surprise Tris. By the look on her face she did not see it coming. We walk out of the lobby and onto the crumbling sidewalk. I get a glance at her and her jaw is clenched shut.
"Tris?" i ask stopping her by putting my hands on her shoulders.
"What?" she snaps back. Ouch.
"Why are you mad at me?" I ask her finally looking into her big blue eyes. They have not changed since the first moment i saw her right after her choosing ceremony when she chose Dauntless. When she chose me.
"Im not. Your mad at me." She says in a hushed tone. Why would she think that? Im not mad at her at all.
"No, im not. Im sorry." I say looking at the foot space between us. I am tempted to raise my voice but i cant. Not today.
"Its okay. Im sorry to." she sighs. I nudge her shoulder with mine. She looks up and gives me a beautiful smile. The same exact one i fell in love with. We don't know where we're walking, but we don't stop. After talking and catch up about the last few weeks. Finally we end up in the first place i met her. The bottom of the net. This is it, this is the moment. I grab her waist and pull her close to me. I kiss her forehead then slowly making my way down to her lips. I lightly kiss them until she is the one trying to kiss me. I pull away and we touch our foreheads. Okay this is it. I kneel down on one leg.
"Beatrice Prior, i have loved you the moment i set my eyes on you. You have been through so much, and it has made you the best person. I would never want to be without. I know exactly what you are, your honest, intelligent, brave , sefless and kind. And i admire you. I love. So Tris, will you marry me?"