End Of The Summer

The summer had ended, and Gwen and David stayed around for a week to clean up and spend some alone time before parting.

"So Gwen, I was thinking... I have a proposal for you." David smiled. Then freaked, and said, Wait, no. Not a marriage proposal, that's probably what that sounded like."

Gwen laughed and rolled her eyes. "David, that's not what it sounded like. I don't think you're that stupid."

"Oh, good. But I was thinking, we're getting pretty serious, yeah?" David asked.

"Well, yeah," she replied.

"Alright. So, when we get back to the city, I was wondering if you'd like to move in with me. And I won't be offended if you say no. But I'll pay for anything it costs you to-"

"David, stop rambling," Gwen cut him off, "I'll move in with you. My apartment is shit and in a bad area, so I'll be glad to leave it. I've almost gotten murdered like 20 times, and sometimes my neighbors check in on me because they can't tell if I'm getting stabbed or just watching reality TV," she said and chuckled.

"Gwen... you really live in that bad of an area? Are you ok?" David asked, seeming very concerned.

Gwen looked down and kicked the dirt. "Well yes," she put a hand on his shoulder and they locked eyes, "David, I'm just really poor. It's no big deal."

"No, it is a big deal. I'm glad you said yes to moving in with me because I wouldn't have let you continue to live there."

"David! I was doing fine. I never actually got murdered," she assured him.

David took a deep breath, and said, "Gwen. I know you're independent, but you should ask for help when you need it."

"David, I'm telling you to stop right now. It's over. I'm gonna live with you now, so let's drop this."

"Fine."

They stood in silence for a few seconds, until Gwen said, "Anyways, we're leaving tomorrow and we have the whole fuckin' place to ourselves, so let's get down to business." She grabbed his shirt and pulled him towards her. She said through gritted teeth, "And you know what I mean by that."

David smirked, and just simply replied, "Okay."