Chapter 3

This chapter was actually really hard to write because of the homophobia. I'm actually bisexual myself and luckily everyone supports me, but writing hate about gays is really difficult for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennie POV

Staying away from Lalisa wasn't that difficult since we didn't have any classes together. School was boring as usual and I was glad the bell rang before I fell asleep. 'Finally I can go home.' I sighed to myself. Who knew the first school day could be this tiring?
On my way home I thought about what Jisoo said. Is Lalisa really the kind of person who'd play with someone's feelings? Maybe she's not that bad. Or maybe I was just naive.

When I arrived home my mom immediately rushed towards me. "I have terrible news!" She screamed, looking stressed. I got scared, did something happen? "It's your cousin, Soojin, she's sick!" My eyes widened as I looked up to her. "What?! What's wrong with her?" I asked. "She's gay!" My mom exclaimed. I felt my stomach turn. She's gay? So what? That's...normal right? Cautiously I asked: "So?" My mom flipped. "SO?!! SO?!! SO SHE'S SICK. SHE CANT FALL FOR GIRLS THAT'S AGAINST NATURE. ITS WRONG ITS DISGUSTING. SHE NEEDS HELP ASAP!!" I was mad now. How could she say that?! I knew if I'd go against her she would be mad at me too. Somehow I couldn't say anything back, I just stood there, my head down, tears threatening to fall down. I love my cousin and I want to defend her, but my parents always taught me it's wrong to like girls. It's not healthy because you can't get kids. I felt pity for Soojin, she's a wonderful person who came out only to be judged by her family.
Without saying anything I walked up to my room, took out my phone and dialed my cousin's number. After a few rings I heard a soft voice.

"H-hello?"

She sounds so....broken.

"Soojin? Are you okay?"

My heart broke when I heard her say:

"Jennie? S-she hates m-me, Jennie. She says I'm d-disgusting."

"Soojin listen to me! You are not disgusting, you can love whoever you want to love and nobody, NOBODY, can judge you for that. Not even your mom."

"I-I don't know what to do.."

"Just breathe okay? Don't panic. No-one can stop you from loving someone and they'll have to accept that. Soojin, I know oyu're scared, but it will be okay, really. For now, try to get some sleep, okay? You need rest."

"O-okay, thank you so much Jennie."

After hanging up, I let out a long sigh. Soojin must be really sad that her mom doesn't support her...

I sighed again. I'd better get some sleep. I'm not even hungry anymore. 'Tommorow everything will be better.' I thought to myself. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welp.. that was.. something? It wasn't that long bc I didn't wanna continue on this particular subject :) sorry

Next chapter will be more Jenlisa I promise. And it'll be longer.

Koala-nim says bye and I love you ♥♥♥