Chapter 1

Ever since he was small, Harry Potter always had an issue with his weight-or lack thereof. Because the Dursley's underfed and abused him, Harry was deathly skinny, his flesh always having a tinge of purple.

   When Hagrid first saw Harry, he knew he had to teach the young boy a very rare spell, one that could be used outside of Hogwarts. Right before they got out of the boat, Hagrid explained to Harry how unhealthy he looked, and Harry understood. Hagrid taught Harry the spell that would make him appear normal, and taught him how to remove the spell - so nobody knew he was unhealthy.

   For eight years, Harry had been using the spell. It was his first year back at Hogwarts since the War, and nobody seemed to do with themselves, nobody but Draco Malfoy, that is. He seemed to be a worse bully than ever, shoving poor First Years out of the way and calling them filthy names.

   Harry looked in the mirror in his dorm bathroom, at his reflection. Ever since Lord Voldemort fell from power, Harry had really been struggling with his self-worth. It didn't help with Malfoy throwing snide comments each time they crossed paths. Harry told Ron and Hermione to just ignore Malfoy, which proved difficult-but manageable, since the two had each other.

   Harry looked down at his purple-tinged arms. Series of scars and serious cuts ran down them, ranging from lacerations to sloppy stitches. Sometimes, Harry thought, I get carried away expressing my pain. These cuts were on his legs, too. And some scars across his torso.

   There was a faint ring around his throat where he tried to hang himself after Sixth Year, not feeling he was strong enough to take on Voldemort, or find all the Horcruxes. Guess I am, he thought with a short, dry snort.

   "Reparo Appeara," and the glamour went on, and The Boy Who Lived looked his part. (A/N - I do not know Latin but the gist is obvious).

   He quickly brushed his teeth and went to bed, closing the hangings.

   "'night, Harry," Ron muttered sleepily.

   "Good night, Ron," Harry replied, then was out in an instant.

---

 Heeey!!! So, I have a few chapters written out already and I am so proud!! Hope you love it. Save and vote and comment. XO