Chapter Sixteen

Your POV

Sure enough Niall is crouched in the corner of his room, his elbows resting on his knees and his hands cradling his face. He sees me and jumps to his feet; his face is red and tear stained and his eyes are all blood shot and puffy. I open my mouth to speak but my mouth goes dry, I can't believe I made him like this. This is all my fault. We've never ever fought like this before. Silences falls between us as we stare into each others eyes, both waiting for someone to say something.

"N-Niall...I-"

"Why." He hisses, cutting me off, not looking in my eyes. "Just tell me why." I freeze, because that's the thing, I don't know why. I can see him holding back the tears, trying to be strong, but I can't. I let the tears steam down my face as a try to sniffle out an answer.

"I am s-so sorry Niall. I-I knew you wouldn't like it and I didn't want you to be mad. We never wanted you to find out like this, we were going to tell you at dinner. I c-can't believe I did this. I haven't been the same since you left, it's like a piece of me is missing. It's just not r-right without you, Niall. I know you were trying to protect me but Harry isn't going to hurt me." I sob, wiping the never ending tears from my cheeks. We just stand there in silence, staring at each other,

"I love him." I whisper, biting my lip nervously. I swear at that moment I could have heard a feather drop, when eventually a weak smile escapes Niall's lips. He sighs and rushes over to me, pulling me into a hug, tears streaming down his face. We stand there for ages, holding each other tightly as I sob into his shoulder, muttering over and over again how sorry I am.

"I am so sorry Ni. I really really a-"

"Shh (Y/N), I know you are. And I am sorry for reacting the way I did." He whispers into my ear, "I just don't ever want to loose you." I lift my head and look up at him.

"You will never loose me, Ni. Best friends for life, remember?" I whisper, raising

an eyebrow. He laughs, remembering the promise we made to each other when we were little.

"Best friends for life." He smiles, pulling me closer to him and rocking me lightly back and forth.

Harry's POV

I wait nervously at my apartment, pacing back and forth across the living room. I can't stop thinking about (Y/N) and Niall; if this doesn't go well, I'll never forgive myself,and neither will (Y/N). I'm suddenly snapped out of my trance by a loud knock on the door. I rush over to the door and unlock it, swinging the door wide open.

"(Y/N)!" I sigh, but stop myself when I realize she's not alone. Behind her is Niall, standing with his hands crossed defensively over his chest and not a very happy look on his face. I gulp as (Y/N) swiftly kisses me on the cheek and walks in, taking Niall's hand.

"You two need to talk." She demands, walking over and grabbing her laptop off the kitchen bench before carrying it upstairs to the bedroom. I shove my hands in my pockets and turn nervously to Niall, searching my brain for the right words.

"Niall I...erm.." I stammer, pulling off my beanie and running my hand roughly through my curls.

"Save it." He snaps, cutting me off.

"I didn't come here for your apology. I just need to know that you will NEVER hurt (Y/N), and I need to here it from YOU." My mouth drops open, does Niall really think I am going to hurt her?

"Niall I promise you I would never hurt (Y/N). She means everything to me and I honestly don't know what I'd do without her....I love her, Ni. I want to spend the rest of my life with her. She's absolutely everything to me. I want to be able to grow old with (Y/N) and love her till the day I die" I say, trying to read Niall's expression as he stares at me. Eventually he gives in and lets out a loud sigh, as I take a step closer to him and draw out my hand. Niall looks me in the eye and shakes it strongly.

"Are we good?" I say, raising an eyebrow.

"Yep. We're good. But if you ever hurt (Y/N) I will personally chop your balls off!" He smirks.

"I promise I will never hurt (Y/N), she's the love of my life and I will do anything for her!" I grin and pull him into a hug, slapping his back.

"I know you don't want to hear it...but I am sorry." I mumble into his shoulder.

"I know you are man." He says, pulling away, smiling. "I know."

Please comment and vote!! We love to hear what you guys think of the fanfic :) xx