chapter 7: I think I love you

Kylie's POV:

I opened the door to find a panicked Sam.

"What's wrong?" I asked as he clung on to me. I saw fire trucks rushing by.

"My house, it's burning down!" He screamed in agony.

"So you came here?" Jack asked annoyed.

I ignored him and let Sam in closing the door to shut the loud sirens out.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I asked examining his face.

"I'm fine, but I have no clue where my family is, I'm scared," he said squeezing my hand.

"I'm sure they're fine. Were they home? Did you see the car parked there when you got there?" I said rubbing his hand with my thumb softly. I saw Jack cringe from the corner of my eye at the small gesture.

"No, no one was home,"

"Is it over yet, can you go home now?" Jack asked getting impatient to be alone with me again.

I glared at him and was about to say something but Sam beat me to it.

"I have no home. I was actually gonna ask you, Kylie, if I can stay here," he gulped.

"Of course you can," I said.

"You really have no where else to stay?" Jack asked.

"Jack I think you should go home now," I said getting annoyed of his attitude.

He had the same expression as he had in the morning.

"Okay," he simply said and walked out of my house.

"Jesus," Sam said.

"Yeah, do you wanna call your mom?" I said trying to forget it.

"Sure," he said walking to my house phone and dialing his moms number.

I was thinking about what Jack said when Sam showed up. He literally came up a block to my house instead of going to a neighbor. He came to me first. Like he always did, he was always there. He was always thinking of me and I felt bad that I hadn't been doing that lately for him. He walked back to me looking wary.

"Did she answer?" I asked

"No," he said joining me on the couch.

I scoot closer to him and hugged him, laying my head on his chest. "It's going to be okay," I said softly.

There was a long silence before he spoke. "Is your mom coming home?"

"Probably not," I sighed.

He paused again before saying something again, "you don't love him, do you?"

"I don't know," I lied.

"Cause he sure loves you,"

"I know,"

He looked down at me and lifted my head up with his two fingers under my chin. "I don't want you to get hurt," he looked me in the eyes sympathetically.

"Sam-"

"I'm serious Kylie,"

"No, Sam-"

"I just wouldn't want you to get carried away with him if you don't-"

"Sam I think I love you,"

He stopped talking and turned pale. I thought he would pass out.

I let go of him and went up to his face, "I'm sorry I shouldn't have-"

"Don't be sorry," he interrupted me again, "cause I think I love you too," it was so quiet that I could hear his heartbeat.

I kinda stared at him stupidly not knowing what else to say. He grabbed my face, his big hands covering almost my entire face, and pulled me in for a kiss. It felt so wrong but so right, I felt so bad for doing this to Jack. We weren't even dating I don't know why I felt that way. But it's like I was plummeted into a different kind of world. Not the erotic, exciting world I had with Jack. But a romantic, passionate, peaceful and beautiful world. It all shut out and all my worries went away. The mess outside began to fade away, memories of my dad went away, my drug and alcohol addictions left my brain for once, I felt happy. Nothing mattered, so for the time being, I kissed back.