Chapter 3: According to Plan

The next day.

Location: Brooklyn/New York.

Time: 4:29 PM.

"Remind me again, who took the key from you?" Jake asked as he spun himself in his swivel chair in front of a desk.

"Ford," Brendon answered as he sat opposite to Jake, throwing a small basketball from one hand to the other.

Jake Chamseddine was a computer hacker, he almost got arrested numerous times for hacking governmental and financial websites, but, using his quick wits and intelligence, he could slip out of the police grip with an ease, making money from what he called 'cyber borrowing' in the comfort of his own, rather shabby apartment.

"Ford, Robert Ford," he repeated, raising his eyebrows.

"I've repeated that five times already," Brendon distantly replied.

"So you're saying that Robert Ford stole the key you stole from the museum," Jake tried to process what Brendon had told him.

"Yup," he replied, throwing the ball at a small basket hanged on the wall to Jake's left.

"No, you don't understand what are we talking about here, this is Robert Ford, he owns half of New York City," Jake said, waving his hands in the air.

"I know," Brendon said as he threw the ball toward the basket another time, it bounced off the wall and almost hit Jake's computer.

"Sorry," Brendon murmured, getting a scowl from the other man.

"You can fuck with anyone, you just can't fuck with him," Jake warned, looking at his companion straight in the eyes.

"I can and I will." Brendon replied with confidence, "he shouldn't have messed with me in the first place."

"That sounds like a suicide mission," Jake muttered, biting on the end of a pencil he had been fiddling with.

"Are you in or not?" Brendon asked exasperatedly.

"If I agreed, what do I get in return?" Jake inquired, looking down his nose at Brendon.

"A number of six digits in your bank account," Brendon stated.

Jake grinned, imagining the number in his head, he liked the look of it.

"I'll take that as a yes," Brendon smirked, raising from his seat, "at least this will be your chance to get out of this miserable place," he added, looking around him.

"Don't you dare to insult my headquarter," Jake scolded, pointing the chewed up pencil toward Brendon.

"Yeah, right," Brendon muttered sarcastically.

"Okay, but when do we start?" Jake hesitantly asked, looking up at the standing man.

"Soon, but first, let me introduce you to your second boss," Brendon replied, smiling.