Chapter 10: I Got The Final Judgment

"Where the fuck do you think you're going, boy?" Lloyd growled as he marched inside, his hands crumpling into fists.

"Oh, nowhere," Brendon remarked, "I was about to take a little stroll around," he added, shrugging, "ya know, I got bored out of my mind since that I was sitting in the same place for a long time."

Brendon didn't want to make snarky comments, that was undeniably not the time for that, but he couldn't help it, it just came out of his mouth like a verbal vomit.

Holding the ax in front of him, he found it silly to use such an item to defend himself like a freaking Viking or something, but did he have a choice?

Sneering, Lloyd launched himself at Brendon with a speed that caught him off-guard and banged him to the floor with a heavy thud, sending the ax sliding away to the side and knocking a number of shelves in the process.

The giant guard pinned Brendon's arms down with a force that threatened to break his wrists, trying to stop him from thrashing around.

"Don't even try, kid," he hissed, "Boss said I must be gentle with you until the due time, but I think I won't follow his orders this time."

"You and him can go fuck each other," Brendon spat as he managed to kick Lloyd in the midsection, using the moment of distraction to set one of his arms loose and deliver a hard punch to the guard's skull.

Making use of the dizzy state of the bigger man, Brendon successfully attempted to push him away and crawl up to his feet, flinging himself toward the exit.

The tip of his fingers could barely touch the door frame as a hand wrapped itself around his ankle, pulling him down and forcing him to fall face first on the ground.

Brendon managed to flip his body over to look at his opponent who was still on the ground, trying to drag him by the ankle, he wasted no time in sending a kick to Lloyd's face, but unfortunately, it didn't faze the giant guard.

Lloyd used his body weight to fix the smaller man to the ground one more time, coiling his thick fingers around Brendon's neck and pressing forcefully, cutting his airway.

Brendon squirmed under him, his breaths hitched in his throat as his vision blurred and his ears filled with the sound of his erratic heartbeat.

He flapped his arms randomly, trying to catch anything around him that could help to get the abysmal compression off his throat so he can breathe again.

Coincidentally, Brendon's fingers brushed over the wooden handle of the ax, it was a bit far from his reach, but at that moment, he would turn to Rubber Man if he had to just to feel the weapon in his hand again.

Straining his body, He eventually managed to grab the ax in his shaky hand, and in one swift move, He buried its blade in Lloyd's skull.

******************************