Chapter 7:I Wanna Be Free

"Get him to talk," Ford growled, directing his words to one of the two bulky men as he walked past them toward the locked door, "Lloyd, you'll come with me," he added as the other guard walked behind his boss

The remaining guard cracked his knuckles as he took a slow step forward toward the tied man on the chair in front of him.

Brendon gulped, he knew what was going to happen to him, but there was another concept playing in his mind, he was not the type that would just sit there and receive the beating until he would spell everything out.

He would never give the chance for Ford to win.

Brendon used the time when Ford was blabbering about his childhood to loosen one of the knotted ropes around his ankle, taking the benefit of the other's man speech as his guards were almost hypnotized by his story, he could weaken another knot on one of his wrists, making it easier for him to untie it if he used enough force.

"Let's play a little game, shall we?" the guard spoke, taking his jacket off and throwing it aside.

Gathering his strength, Brendon pulled his arm off the loose rope along with his leg, sending a hard kick to the guard's knee.

The huge man staggered back, giving Brendon a few precious seconds to untie his other wrist and ankle.

"Son of a bitch!" the guard cursed as he charged at the smaller man.

Brendon stepped aside in time, pulling the chair with him and using it to hit the guard over the side of his back, the chair lost the battle as it flew in bits and splinters around them.

The guard sneered, he could gain control over Brendon as he sent a hard punch to Brendon's ribs, driving him back as he used the weight of his massive body to pin the other man on the wall with an arm on his neck.

Brendon's breath caught in his throat, he clawed at the guard's arm as he tried to set himself free of his vice-like grip.

Using the remaining of his energy, he managed to deliver a well-aimed kick to the guard's lower abdomen, taking advantage of the fleeting moment when the guard's arm loosened over his neck to pull it off him and clock him in the face with a surprising power.

The bulky guard was almost unbothered by Brendon's punch, he returned it to him with more abhorrence, sending him crumpling to the floor.

Colorful dots swam in Brendon's vision as the world swayed in front of him, finding a rather long splinter of the broken chair within his reach, he grabbed it as if his life was depending on it.

The guard, thinking that he finally got the upper hand over Brendon, launched himself at the smaller man again, but this time, his malicious sneer turned into a shock as the tapered tip of the wooden splinter punctured the hollow point under his throat.

pressing his weapon deeper into the guard's neck, Brendon pushed the bulky man's slackened body away from his, watching him fall to the side with a low thud.