Chapter 3: No closet for me today

Not proofread, any mistakes will be corrected when possible.

Chapter 3: No closet for me today

OLIVIA'S P.O.V.:

Leaning against my locker I decided to text Luke before meeting the 'gang' outside for lunch.

Meet me by my locker. –Liv

Popular guy, handsome, smart; meet my pretend boyfriend.

Luke Atwood and I have known each other our whole lives. His mom is an interior designer and has some sort of partnership with my mom which means whatever Natasha gets herself into, Lena Atwood is right there with paint samples and pictures of Persian rugs.

We met when we were two and Lena was designing the new kitchen for our house, Natasha doesn't even cook but she still demanded pearl colored tiles for the floor and matching oven gloves.

After me baking him mud pies and my mom screaming her lungs out, saying and I quote "I was a 'lady' and should not be messing with dirt", and we throwing mud at her, we naturally became great friends.

We started dating back in the seventh grade, sure we were just kids but as we grew older we started really liking each other. After a total of 4 years we decided to call it quits a few months ago, at the beginning of our sophomore year.

When you're with someone for so long you kind of owe it to yourself to see what else is out there. I mean it's not like I'm going to marry the boy I chose as my boyfriend when I was 11.

Our moms, however, weren't that happy about us splitting up since their partnership beneficiates from our relationship in a way I don't fully understand or intend to.

Since our breakup never went public, as there was no time for that to happen, we decided to keep it going, not for real though.

To everyone else we're still that couple that as only dated each other and is still going strong after 4 years. In reality we're just two friends that care about each other and whose moms need a favor.

We have an agreement though. If one of us falls in love with someone else we 'break up' so the person can be happy.

Is the entire situation a complete mess? Probably. But we're still doing it.

Two minutes passed after I'd sent the text message and a warm hand meets my upper arm giving it a gentle squeeze.

I looked up and saw the boy I was way too familiar with, his 6'1 figure towering over my midget one of 5'1. He bent down to kiss my cheek and then smiled.

That smile had comforted me so many times, I couldn't help but smile as well.

"Hey." I simply said.

"Hey, what's up?" he said leaning his shoulder against the locker next to mine that just so happened to be my brother's.

I turned on my side and leaned against my own locker so I could face him.

"So remember that party Natasha is throwing? She told us about it two weeks ago" I said remembering the night she told us about it. It was the night after our little chat about the adoption.

Mr. Reed, who teaches my history class and also happens to be on the directive board of the Academy, had this great idea of creating an event to raise money to help other schools across the country to have a better dance program.

So you can understand what I'm blabbering about let me explain how my school works.

There's the main building that is just like any other high school. Here we have all our classes as well as some departments that promote creativity such as dancing, singing, drama, photography, art and so on.