Chapter 7: My door is made of glass not plutonium

OLIVIA'S P.O.V.:

"What were you thinking?!" My mom screamed. "Forget that, you obviously weren't!" She continued pacing back and forth in the living room.

"I said I was sorry." I said in a low voice.

My dad was standing near the opening that lead to the living room that we were in now, his arms crossed and expression hard. My brother was sitting on the coach opposite to me, mimicking my dad's expression.

"Sorry doesn't fix this. Sorry doesn't fix what people are going to think!" She said angrily.

Of course she would be mad about everything but the fact that I was in a warehouse with people I didn't even know, or how I could have gotten hurt, instead she was worried about what people thought of her.

"That's not what your mom wanted to say," my dad began but I interrupted.

"Of course it was. That's all she cares about!" Turning to my mom "Will you chill out? It wasn't like I was there doing drugs or anything! We were freaking dancing." I half screamed.

"You could have danced here or at the studio-" my mom said but, once again, I interrupted.

"I know I could. But I didn't! And no one is gonna think anything of you, everything they were to think they already do!" I screamed.

"Olivia..."

"No dad. It's true! You know it is. Do you think she got them to drop the charges for me? She didn't, she did it for herself. Publicity, reputation; that's all that matters to her and everyone in this room is fully aware of that. Everyone." I said eyeing my mom at my last word.

My dad stiffened but didn't say a word. My brother was partially shocked, partially proud that I said it but kept his mouth shut as well.

I got up from the couch and started walking towards my room.

"You're grounded!" My mom said.

"If that makes you feel better about yourself." I said, not looking back.

"One month." She yelled to make sure I'd listen.

And I shut my door.

Lying down on my bed, my phone beeped with a text coming in.

Liv? -Luke

Not in the mood... -L

Just wanted to tell you the fun raising was cancelled. -Luke

Reading the text I was a bit confused, the fun raising was supposed to happen at the end of this week.

As I was about to reply when another text came in.

Apparently Mr. Davis claims that you guys don't have enough time to prepare due to the time Ms. Lovening was gone. They're moving the date up to 29th. – Luke

Honestly I thanked God for this, I wasn't really in the mood to be a part of one more of Natasha's schemes to make her reputation rise.

I put down my phone, leaving Luke without a response, and drifted off to sleep land.

.....

 I woke up after what felt like an eight hour nap, but was actually a thirty minute one, and got out of bed.

I reached for my phone to check it for any missed calls or texts and saw a whole lot of them from both Christian and Emily.

Oh, was I looking forward to answer another police report from my friends... (Note the sarcasm.) Sadly my stomach started to growl and, since I hadn't had lunch yet, I decided to make it my top priority.