Chapter 11

Daryl's P.O.V

We walked into the bright light. There stood an awkward looking doctor with a gun.

"Who are you?" He demanded. Rick glanced at everyone.

"Rick Grimes. Who are you?" He asked the doctor.

"Dr. Edwin Jenner. What do you want?" He demanded once again.

"A chance." He responded hopeful. I pulled Kat closer to me she squirmed trying to get out of my grasp, but failing. She huffed and crossed her arms. I smirked.

"Thats asking an awful lot these days." The doctor responded. "You all take a blood test. Thats the price of admission." He reasoned. Rick looked at all of us and nodded.

"We can do that." He said to Jenner and he nodded.
---------

Do doctors always be goin 'round packin heat like tha?" Kat questioned harshly. I snorted. This girl is somethin else. He looked at her.

"Well there was a lot laying around so I'd thought I would familiarize myself. But it looks like I'm not going to need it. Except you. I'm going to have to keep an eye on you." He responded jokingly to her. She smirked and rolled her eyes. We stood in the elevator all cramped. There was a long awkward silence, the the elevator dinged. And the doors opened. We all piled out and headed down a hallway.

"Are we under ground?" Carol asked nervously. Jenner glanced at her.

"You claustrophobic?" He asked her. She nodded.

"A litted" She answered quietly.

"Try not to think about it." He told her. We came to a room and put all our stuff in a corner. He got a trash can, some needles, put a chair in front of him. And put gloves on.

"Who's first." He asked looking around the room. When no one volunteered Kat stood up, walked over, and plopped into the chair. She put her arm out and looked bored as ever. The doctor looked surprised. But went to work.

"You got to be about 18 right?" He asked trying to make conversation. She responded with a grunt. "Your a though girl. Aren't you?" He tried again. She grunted again. He stuck the needle in and she didn't even flinch. He tried asking a few more questions just to be answered with a slight nod or grunt. I snorted.

"Ya ain't gonna get nuthin outta her." I told him harshly. He looked up at me then back at Kat.

"Your all done" She gave a slight nod and went to stand up but almost passed out. I caught her in time before she fell.

"Is she ok." He asked concerned. I looked at him. She nodded but Hannah responded for her.

"She hasn't eatin in days. None of us have." Hannah chirped up, helping her sit. She shook her head and glared.

"I think I can fix that." He said with a slight smile.

"I'm fine!" She scowled. He finished up everyone else and headed out the door.

"Follow me." He told us. We pick up our stuff and did as told. He lead us to a kitchen. I saw Kat's eyes brighten up. We gonna be eating good tonight!
---------

Everyone was laughing and enjoying wine and a good meal at the table. Kat sat in a chair behind Hannah looking at an unopened wine bottle. She had drank before, but never actually got drunk. She was to scared she would be like our father. Dale was trying to get Carl to try some wine. Finally Lori caved and let him have some. Everyone was silent as he tried it.

"Ewwww!" He exclaimed his face contorting and we all laughed.

"You should sick to soda pop bud." Shane said to Carl. I pushed off the counter I was leaning on. And walked over to Kat.