Unmoving-//25//

"Mom packed brownies for you guys.",I said.

Alec, Chris and Alissa looked at me.

"Huh?",they asked in unison. I sighed.

"Don't ask."
I pulled out the box from my bag and placed it on the table. I opened it and let my friends attack the brownies.

"They're amazing!",Alissa exclaimed.

"Agreed.",Alec said.

"I thought you guys never agree on the same thing.",Chris said with an amused expression.

I snickered as Alissa faked a smile.

They finally stopped smacking their lips and decently wiped their mouths with tissues.

"What's special?",Alec asked.

"Nothing.",I said.

"Something definitely is.",Alissa said. Then her eyes widened.
"Oh my God! I know what it is!",Alissa said.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.
"What?"

Alissa fanned herself as Alec sprinkled some water on her forehead to calm her down.

All three of us looked at her intently.

"Ryder and Eva are getting married!",Alissa said.
"I knew this day would come!"

I rolled my eyes but deep inside, I giggled as I imagined Ryder in a black suit and me in a white gown, standing in front of a gathering. The father recited the rituals but we were lost in each other's eyes. He gently held my hand. As the father completed his rituals, Ryder slowly bent his neck and his lips inched closer to mine. Our lips conn-

Wait. How was I standing?

I shook my head.

"What? I'm serious!",Alissa said.

She turned to me very seriously.
"You guys are not getting married?",Alissa pouted.

"I'm seventeen, Al. He's nineteen. How the hell can we get married?"

"Hey, age is just a number!"

"And jail is just a room. Shut up and have your lunch."

---×---

I brushed my hair back. I looked at myself in the mirror again. I could say I looked good. I was wearing a sleeveless black gown paired with dangling diamond earrings. I had done a smokey eye effect on my eye.
I had folded up the gown so that my wheelchair wouldn't pull my gown along with it as the wheels spun.

"Eva!",I heard mom shouting from downstairs. I rolled my eyes and went downstairs. The sky was going dark in the arrival of night. Stars twinkled lazily in the night sky as the moon shone a brilliant smile.

The house was decorated with beautiful LED lights which were blue and violet in colour. All lights were switched off, giving an amazing aura. A barbeque was set up in the garden where guests leisurely roasted the stakes.

The whole house swarmed with guests. The party looked like a mix of teen style and grandma style.

I went into the hallway to be greeted by mom, dad and two people whom I didn't even know.

"Happy birthday, young lady.",the gentleman in the suit spoke. His wife stood by him silently.

"Thank you.",I said and looked at my mother.

"Eva, this is Mr.Bordeaux and this is his wife, Mrs.Bordeaux.",my mother politely introduced. I politely smiled as Mrs. Bordeaux warily eyed my lower half. I tried to hide my disappointed sigh.