Unmoving-//14//

"What happened, Eva? Why are you crying? Did you guys have a fight or something?",mom asked as she confusedly put my bag on the front seat. I quickly shook my head and wiped away the tears from my eyes as mom helped me get into the car.

My life is garbage.

"Will you tell me what on earth happened?",mom asked, a little frustration seeping into her tone.

"Nothing, mom. Just drive home.",I said firmly. Mom rolled her eyes and gripped the steering wheel.

I took one last look at Maddie's house. I saw Maddie standing near her window, her head hung in shame as Emily pursed her lips and stood silently.

I turned my head towards the front. I felt layer upon layer of the past burning away. One page in Maddie's diary had ruined my already disrupted life.

                              ---×---

I threw the books aside and rattled the mirror.

"WHY?!",I yelled.
I threw down a flower vase. It fell to the ground with a huge crash. I ripped off the pages of the books and threw them. I pulled out my diary as I ripped out the pages in a mad protest.

Tears streaked my face as I gasped for air.

I fell on my bed, my tears soaking the bedsheet. My phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID in disgust.
Maddie.

I threw my phone aside as buried my head in my pillow and screamed into it.

Madness stratified itself on my insanity. I wept terribly before no more tears were left in my tear ducts.

I sobbed silently as I got up and brushed my tears away.

The only people I had trusted as friends had betrayed me.

Can I even trust Alissa? Chris? Ryder?

My mind whirled with thoughts before exhaustion overcame me and I slumped on to my bed.

                              ---×---

"What happened? Why are you so silent?",Ryder asked as he put the books aside.

I shook my head. My eyes wouldn't meet his. It was too painful to look at him. I used to feel a different kind of pain when I used to see Ryder before. It was the pain of missing someone badly but not being able to do anything to bring them back. A dull jab which will stubbornly stay.

The pain that I felt now was the pain of being betrayed. The kind of pain which feels like a hot skewer running between your ribs.

"Something's definitely wrong.",Ryder said. He held my chin and lifted my head.

"What happened?",he asked.

I brushed his hand off as tears threatened to pour out again.
"Nothing. Continue with the lesson.",I said, my voice barely a whisper.

"No. No more studying.",Ryder said.
"What?",I said, looking up at him.

He pushed the books aside and took off his specs.

"We're going out.",Ryder said.
I managed a weak laugh.
"But why? Where?",I said.

"I want the old Eva back. Enough of studying. I'm getting bored anyway.",he said as he got up and stretched out, exposing his midriff. I realized I had been staring as I swerved my head the other way round. He smirked.
"We're already a step closer to bringing the old Eva back."

I rolled my eyes.

I put my books aside and rolled out the sleeves of my sweater.

"Where do you wanna go?",Ryder asked.