Chapter 7

When they got home, Blossom immediately sat on the couch as her dad went into the shop.

" Is he in the shop?" Pepper asked.

" Yes," Blossom answered. 

" Let's go see what he is up to," Pepper insisted. They then went down to the shop together.

" Is this a joke?" Pepper demanded as they entered the shop. " What are you thinking?"

" What?" Tony asked.

" What are you thinking?" Pepper repeated herself.

" Hey, I'm thinking I'm busy and you're angry about something," only answered. " Do you have the sniffles?  Don't wanna get sick."

" Did you just donate our entire... modern art collection to...to the... Boy Scouts of America." Pepper questioned. 

" Blossom, get away from her, you don't want to get sick," Tony ordered. " Go upstairs for two minutes." Blossom left the room to avoid listening to the argument. Two minutes she came down to witness Tony promoting Pepper to CEO of Stark Industries. 

" I hereby irrevocably appoint you chairman and CEO of Stark Industries, effective immediately," Tony confirmed. " Yeah, Done deal. Ok?" He then walked away from her. " I've actually given this a fair amount of thought, believe it or not. Doing a bit of headhunting, so to speak. Trying to figure out who a worthy successor would be. And then I realized...it's you. It's always been you." Blossom went and sent next to Pepper. " I thought there'd be a legal issue, but actually I'm capable of appointing my successor, my successor being you. Congratulations." Tony walked back over and handed Blossom a juice box and Pepper a glass of champagne. She didn't take it at first, but she was smiling.

" I don't know what to think," Pepper admitted as Tony put the glass in her hand.

" Don't think. Drink," Tony advised as he sat down.

****** 

A couple of days later, Blossom was in the boxing room. She was reading a book as her dad boxed Happy. She wasn't dyslexic like the other Demigods, so reading English was not a challenge for her. 

" The notary's here!" Pepper announced as she walked in.  " Can you please come to sign the transfer paperwork?"

" I'm on Happy time!" Tony announced as Pepper walked over and took a seat next to Blossom. Then a young woman with long, styled, dark red hair walked in. The woman looked at the boxing men and then walked down the steps.

" I promise you this is the only time I ask you to sign over your company," Pepper insisted.

" What's your name, lady?" Tony asked as he pointed at her.

" Rushman. Natalie Rushman," the lady answered.

" Front and center," Tony ordered. " Come into the church."

" Dad!" Blossom scowled at him.

" It's no problem," Natalie assured them.

" I'm sorry. He's very eccentric," Pepper apologized as Natalie walked over to the ring. she put her stuff down before getting into the ring.

" Can you give her a lesson?" Tony asked Happy.

" No problem," Happy agreed.

" Who she?" Tony asked as he sat in between Peper and Blossom.

" She is from Legal and she is potentially a very expensive sexual harassment lawsuit, " Pepper listed. " If you keep ogling her."

" I need a new assistant," Tony stated.