Chapter 68

The next morning everyone getting ready to leave for the Decathlon, Blossom was on Ned's room, they were waiting for Peter still.

" Ned, Peter, Blossom, we're gonna be late," Liz said as Ned looked out the window. " Come on, let's go. 

" Okay," Blossom said.

" Hold on, hold," Ned repeated as he ran over to the bed. He put the glowing purple thing in his bag and off they went to the competition.  Soon enough they were all walking onto the stage. Blossom was standing behind Ned.

" Please be sure all cellphones are turned off," the announcer warned. 

" Thank you," the Lady said as she took Ned's phone.

" What's taking Peter so long?" Ned whispered to Blossom.

" No clue," Blossom whispered back as she signed something for the lady. " He should have been back by now." They then went inside. They got on stage and soon enough the competition started, everyone was writing as fast as they can. Blossom was flying through the questions, being Iron Man's daughter and being a good friend of Athena's daughter, came in handy.

" We have now entered sudden death," the female proctor announced. " The next correct answer wins the championship." She asked the question and Michelle rang the bell. Everyone looked at her. " Midtown Tech?"

" Zero," Michelle answered.

" That is correct," the proctor confirmed. Everyone cheered and hugged Michelle. " Midtown takes the championship!"

"Whoo-hoo!" Flash cheered. " We won!" 

Soon enough after that, they walking outside towards the Washinton Monument with the trophy.

" You guys, I am so proud of you," Liz congratulated them.

" Told you we didn't need Peter," Flash informed.

" Flash, you didn't answer one question," Abe pointed out. They were standing outside the scanner calling Peter.

" Oh, Ned, Bloss, you're alive!" Peter cheered.

" Peter, are you okay?" Ned asked.

" Where are you?" Blossom asked.

" Where's the glow thing?" Peter asked. " The glowy thing?

" Don't worry, it's safe," Blossom answered.

" It's in my backpack," Ned informed.

" No, Ned, Bloss, listen!" Peter cried. " The glowy thing is dangerous!"

" You missed the decathlon," Ned informed as he put his backpack in a bin. " I covered for you."

" Ned, listen to me!" Peter shouted,

" We're at the Washington Monument," Blossom informed. Then Liz took the phone from Ned.

" Peter, is that you?" Liz asked.

" Hey, Liz," Peter greeted. " Please put Ned back on the phone!"

" You flake!" Liz exclaimed as Blossom and Ned went through the scanner. " You are so lucky we won. " The moment she crossed she had people asking for her autograph, Ned tried to hold them off. " I want to be mad, but I'm more worried. Like what is going on with you?"

" Liz, I have to talk to Ned and Bloss, it's important!" Peter shouted.

" Miss, all items on the belt please," a security guard asked

" There's something in Ned's backpack!" Peter shouted as she put the phone on the belt, it went through, and she went through the scanner. " It's dangerous. Don't let it go through an X-ray." Ned grabbed his backpack, and they all went on the elevator.