Chapter 14

They made it to Santa Monica as the sun was starting to disappear for the night. When they got out of the water, Percy went towards the surf.

"Do you have any idea how polluted and toxic that river is?" Annabeth asked as Percy waded in the water. He ignored her and dunk his head. " He has a habit of not listening".

" You don't say," Blossom sassed. Annabeth rolled her eyes at her.

" Percy is back," Grover informed. They look to see Percy walking over to them, he tells them about his encounter with the Nereid. They then gather up some change and take a ride down to somewhere in West Hollywood. They were walking down the streets, when they saw an appliance store, the news was happening. It wasn't good, Blossom saw Percy's stepdad, Gabe, in an apartment. On the bottom of the screen it read: Percy Jackson still at large!

" There you have it America," said Barbara Walter, the news reporter. " A man torn apart for his missing wife, an adolescent boy with serious issues. Let's see the last known photo of Percy Jackson". They showed a photo of Percy, Annabeth, Grover, and Blossom talking to Ares. " Who are these other children with Jackson? " Blossom had a feeling she would be getting a call from her father very soon.

"This is not good!" Grover whimpered. " Come on". He led all three of them away from the screen. Nova noticed Percy was rubbing his arms.

" Hey, " Blossom breathed getting next to him. Percy didn't say anything. " Everything is going to be alright". They soon ran into trouble and found themselves in a mattress store. They saw a guy standing there with clothes from the 70s. He has a giant bald spot.

" I'm Crusty!" the man greeted.

" Um, sorry we were just browsing," Blossom apologized.

" You mean you were hiding from those no-good kids," Crusty corrected. " That's okay, most of my business comes from them anyway. Hey, here's an idea, why don't you guys look around. Ah, shoot, go lay down and take a nap for a little while, we aren't very busy tonight".

" No, really, that's okay," Blossom denied the offer.

" We should really be going," Percy added.

" Come on, I insist!" Crusty said putting a hand on Percy's shoulder, Blossom looked at the others in distress, they had the same look. He led them to the back of the store and showed them the water beds. They ended up getting strapped to a waterbed, all besides Percy. Luckily Percy got the man to stop talking and freed all of them, they then ran out of the store, with a flyer of the Underworld, Now they stood in a crowded room with loads of transparent people. 

" Hello, Mister...Chiron?" Percy asked.

" My name is Charon, with an A !" the man corrected rolling his eyes and pointing at the name tag. " Say it with me now, Charon".

" Charon," Percy repeated.

" Now, Mister Charon," Charon ordered.

" Mister Charon," Percy mumbled.

" Very good! Now, what can I help with you young dead ones with today?" Charon asked folding his hands at the podium.

" We want to go to the Underworld," Annabeth said. The man's eyes widen.

" Well now, isn't that refreshing? People actually want to go to the Underworld. No screaming, ' No it's not me! I'm alive Mister Charon!" He then leaned forward. ' Now tell me, how did you all die?"

" Um, we drowned...in a bathtub!" Grover blurted out. 

" All four of you?" Charon asked they all nodded. " Big bathtub. Now I suppose you don't have the payment to get across-"