The Need that Fell Apart

They both needed each other to help the bond grow stronger yet they didn't realize this until it was too late, she was leaving him and he was done chasing her. 

All he had done in his life was wish for her attention, 

Grasp into the nothing for her love and all she had given him was quick glances and small sideways smiles from the back of the class. 

His heart ached to see her with, Him

Her heart ached even more when she realized that she didn't need Him at all. 

 All He had given her was heartbreak, sorrow and misery. 

What she needed was the boy who had always been there. 

 The boy who had given her valentines, flowers and helped her study for anything and everything just to spend time with her. 

She wanted so badly to run back to him and have him hold her in his arms, 

but when she found him, the light in his eyes was gone and so was the skip in his step. 

That's when she realized that it was too late, he had given her everything he ever had and now, he didn't have anything left to give her. 

He had run after her too long, and now just when she had decided to return to his embrace, he had given up on any hope. 

He had taught himself to move on, to forget about her. 

He had turned into stone; hard and cold, unbreakable and insufferable. When she understood he was beyond help, she ran away in fright. 

Knowing that she was the one who had caused this was too much for her. In the end, they had both lost what they needed most when they needed it the most. 

They had run from each other; one from loss of hope, the other in fright of guilt.