Chapter 3; I Do

On the day of Christine and Raoul's wedding, Christine had cold feet.

"Raoul, I can't go through with this."

"Christine, it's alright." Raoul told Christine, trying to calm her nerves. "Christine, it's alright. Everyone has these nerves, I have them, but you have to face your fear, and it will get it to the one you love."

"Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime."

"Christine, I love you." He told Christine

"I love you too Raoul."

"Do you, Vicomte de Chagny take Miss. Christine Daaé to be your lawfully wedding wife? To have and to hold, till death do you part?" The priest asked Raoul

"I do."

"Do you, Miss. Christine Daaé take Vicomte de Chagny to be your lawfully wedding wife? To have and to hold, till death do you part?" Christine hesitated to answer. She looked around and saw a man sitting in the back with a cloth over his face. He looked like he was hiding from someone. The cloth was dark as night, which reminded her of the darkness of Erik's lair. The priest yearned for her to answer the question, and Raoul whispered "Christine!"

"I....." She stuttered "I...... Don't" she looked at Raoul and their hands untied from each other. "I'm sorry Raoul, but I can't marry you." She walked into the isle. She reach the end of the isle and said, "Because, because I'm in love with someone else."

The whole audience gasped out of shock. She took the veil off her head and dropped on the ground. "I love you Raoul, but I'm sorry." She walked out of the church a man raced after her. She ran to a far away tree and sat down in tears. The man in the black cloth sat down beside her. 

"Erik." She repeated and smiled