Part Two : Galaxy Garrison

I looked at the simulation team spreadsheet on the wall. My best friend was standing next to me as I searched for my name under fighter pilot. I brought my finger across the line and saw that Hunk was my engineer. I continued and saw that my communications officer was Pidge Gunderson.

"Who the heck is Pidge Gunderson?"

"That would be me," someone said.

I turned around and saw a boy with light brown, poofy hair. They were short. Extremely short. As in are they old enough to come to the Garrison?

"Well I'm your fighter pilot, Lance. This is Hunk, he's our engineer."

"Nice to meet you two," he spoke.

Th bell rung and Pidge walked off. Hunk and I walked towards the cafeteria to get our lunch. We were chatting but I couldn't help but think about how Pidge looked familar.

"Shall we sit with Pidge?"

I looked at Hunk. "Hmm?"

"Lance, you spaced out again."

I sighed and threw on a smile. We walked to the table that Pidge was sitting at. He was looking at a photo. He looked up with wide eyes and quickly shoved the picture in his pocket. Hunk and I sat down, and I greeted Pidge. He didn't look too fond of the idea of us sitting together. Time went on, stories were told, and that leads us to me having a spoon on my nose. Yep, this is the weirdness I put myself through.

"I'll, I'll catch up with you guys later."

Pidge walked away and I followed. It's not like I had a class. I called after him and we walked together.

"So, where are you from?" I tried.

"A small town," he murmered. Glancing towards the floor, I took notice that he probably didn't want me around. I stopped walking, yet he continued. He turned down the left corridor. I went down the right, back towards the cafeteria but instead of going there, I went out the side door. I took a risk, and climbed on of the big, tall oaks outside. I finally made it up after many attempts. I saw that this tree had apples, and I devised a plan.

Pidge sat down and started eating a sandwich. Don't ask me what kind. I moved around a smidge, the loose green leaves falling. I saw Pidge scrunch up their face. I bent backwards and hung upside down, facing Pidge. His lashes fluttered as he tried catching his breath. I smiled and handed him the apple. He accepted it and returned the favour. I think I might be seeing things but I think I saw his face flush a light pink.

I sat up on the branch and jumped down. Both of us were still smiling as I ruffled his hair and left, but not before I shot him with finger guns.