Chapter 15

Mumbai

Mumbai

- Pretend it's daytime

Nk's POV

Today is a very special day for all of us. It's a day that changed our entire lives, making everything even better than it already was. As I grab the newspaper, my eyes catch the same news that has been making Khushiji tense for days.

AR's Decline: What's Happened to ASR? Where Is He? Why Isn't He Looking After AR?

This same old news is nerve-wracking for both Payalji and Khushiji, a constant source of worry.

"Chachhaaaaa!!!"

I hear a shout from upstairs. I rush up to see my darling Aru standing in front of the mirror, babbling to herself and shouting my name.

 I rush up to see my darling Aru standing in front of the mirror, babbling to herself and shouting my name

"What's going on, Aru?" I ask, trying to hide my smile.

Aru, noticing me, rushes over and gives me a tight hug.

Aru - Chachha! Where have you been? Where is my gift? Bhai said he'd give me a big gift, but I know he's lying like he always does. Where's Chachii, and where's my gift?

I look at this mini Khushiji with a smile. This little bundle has inherited her mum's trait of babbling to herself, and she adores her bhai the most, being very possessive about him. She's so much like Khushiji in so many ways – saying "Hey Devimayya" and making jalebis when she's tense. The one thing she hates most is seeing tears in her mum's eyes; she can't bear it.

Aru interrupts my thoughts by yelling, "Chachaaa! Where have you been?"

Trying to calm her down, I respond, "Meri Aru, happy birthday!"

Suddenly, Aru jumps on me from her chair, causing me to fall to the floor.

"Are you okay?" she asks, concern in her big eyes.

Just then, I hear Lavanya's angry voice. "Nk, where are you?"

Still in Aru's room, I call out nervously, "Umm... here!"

Lavanya storms into the room, not even noticing Aru is there and staring at us. She starts yelling at me, tears streaming down her face.

"HOW COULD YOU? HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ME ALONE? Do... not... love me anymore? Is it because now I am your wife?"

I gently shut her mouth, pointing towards Aru. "Aru, look, your Chachi is here."

Aru giggles silently, watching us with wide eyes. I give her a serious look, and she quiets down.

Lavanya, leaving me angrily, turns to Aru. "Hello, my princess. Happy birthday! You are now 6 years old. What present do you want, my princess? What about your brother – what are you going to give him?"

Aru smiles brightly. "Chachii, I will give him the new toy he wanted for so long. I borrowed money from Mum, and I will buy it for him. Chachii, you can buy your princess anything you want. You know I like everything. And Chachii, you should say sorry to Chachha. He only left you because I yelled out his name."

Lavanya looks at me apologetically, then takes Aru from me and heads downstairs. I follow them, making my way to meet Aru's brother, reflecting on how much love and chaos this family brings into my life.

Where is Arnav?

Does Khushi have 2 kids?

Where is Payal? Where is Payal's kid?

Why is Lavanya being so moody?