03 | Mushroom Heads and Four Eyes

Aoi POV

"Host... Club...?" I've never heard of a Host Club two years ago when I was here, it was probably made when I was in America.

She nodded her head so enthusiastically I was worried it would fall off or something.

"Yeah! It's a luxurious club made up by the most handsome and cute guys in the school! All the members are from the high school section! You can request one of them and spend time with and just OMG ITS AMAZING OKAY? WE ARE GOING LATER!"

"O... kay.." I feel like I'm probably going to regret that decision.

"I'm so excited to show you! Hehe you're my new friend!" She giggled and spun around the rooftop. Looking at her childish antics, I laughed.

"I wonder what kind of type you will request. We have to be prepared when we get there! I think that Tamaki-senpai is really dreamy and cute so I'll request him for today!" She wondered out loud.

'I wonder what kind of weird things the school added while I was gone...'

After lunch, we had several more classes and school finally ended. Hina was much too excited than what I would've perferred to finally show me what the Host Club is.

"This way Aoi-chan!"

"Wait up, will you?" Taking a break as we stood in front of the doors of the abandoned music room, I looked at her wearily.

'Isn't this just some abandoned room? What kind of club would use this room?'

As she opened the door, rose petals fell around us and the room was surrounded by a bright light except for the silhouettes of seven figures.

'Is this... heaven?'

I must've whispered that out loud because Hina quietly giggled and retorted, "Not heaven, but it's close to it."

"Welcome!" The figures chorused as my eyes adjusted to the bright light, "to the Ouran Host Club!"

Squinting, I looked at the seven guys gathered in front of the entrance, and then to the rest of the 'abandoned' music room that was filled with fancy furniture and tables and chairs. Although... I could almost swear that the twins in the middle seemed slightly familiar somehow...

The blonde one in the group took a step closer to us and tilted Hina's chin up.

"Are you going to request me again today?" He said in an elegant, princey way as Hina blushed profusely and stuttered difficultly to come up with a response.

Turning to me, he spoke, "Are you a new here?" I gulped as he started to walk towards me, "What type do you prefer?"

"Um, I-

That was all I managed to squeak out before I tripped over my own feet, but instead of feeling the floor against my face, a hand caught me. Unfortunately, the hand didn't catch my glasses.

Sitting up, I apologized to the blurry figure that caught me and felt around the floor for my glasses, "S-Sorry, I can be really clumsy sometimes... Can you see where my glasses are?"

Feeling the familiar frame of my glasses, I quickly put them on. My vision had finally cleared and I looked up at the person who caught me.

"You!" He pointed an accusing finger at me.

It took me a while, but I remembered who he was, "You!" I pointed back at him.

"You're that girl who rejected me!" In the background I could hear the blonde one that was with Hina laugh hysterically at that comment.

"You're that stupid mushroom head!" The blonde dude laughed even harder.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?!"

"TCH, ARE YOU DEAF OR SOMETHING?!"

"WELL YOU'RE HALF BLIND!"

I scoffed, "MY EYESIGHT ISN'T THAT BAD!"

"SAYS THE PERSON WHO WAS HELPLESSLY LOOKING FOR HER GLASSES ON THE FLOOR!"

"SO?!"

Before he could say anything, he was interrupted by his twin.

"Come on Hikaru, it's best to let go of past grudges. She's a customer today." He seemed like the more sensible twin, while Hikaru was the one whining.

"But I'm not-

"Oh? You know her, Hikaru? Kaoru?" The blonde guy cut me off before I could complain.

"Hey uh-

"Yeah, we both do. Although... I wouldn't say the memories of our encounters were that great..." And again I was ignored.

My hand twitched, 'I'm still here! And I was dragged here by my friend! I don't even know what's going on!!'

"Well, let's introduce ourselves properly. You have made quite the commotion in the club." I realized -after the one in the glasses pointed it out- that most of the girls in here were staring. My face turned red as I stood up, composing myself.

Reluctantly, Hikaru ( pulled by Kaoru ) joined the group and introduced himself.

Feeling someone tap my shoulder, I turned around.

"Aoi-chan?" Hina looked at me.

"You know Hikaru-kun and Kaoru-kun?"

My mind flashed back to that day and I sighed, "I'll tell you later, Hina." She nodded.

Peering back at the twins who were chatting with some other girls, I realized that they seemed to have changed a lot since back then. Tamaki ( the blonde dude after he introduced himself ) pushed us to a nearby table and flirted with Hina.

'I guess I'll go along with this for today... for Hina...'