Part One || Chapter Three

[Point of View || Äsh Kain]

Ozpin had wanted me to be up by {5:00 AM} so I could come to his office and meet my team, currently, I'm up at {3:42 AM} training in a simulation room that I'd been given access to. Ozpin had given me a lot of nifty new stuff! Such as my scroll which has a feature that shows my pocket inventory, and my stats. As for the stats that's something I honestly don't need to look into, I already know the important stuff, like my 66 dexterity and, 50 faith! I smile as I grab the console of the training simulator, creating an enemy for me to defeat. I begin designing this enemy from memory, for he is one I could never forget; he is the reason why I died permanently again, the reason why my wife Anri of Astora had hollowed away. Aldrich is one I can never forget. I sigh, completing the custom enemy, standing in the centre of the large room and equipping Anri's straight sword along with her crest shield. I then equip her armour, sighing once more.

"Simulation Start!" In a glowing blood red hollow forme, the mimic of The Devourer of Gods rises from the floor, staff in both of his hands. I apply golden pine bundles, giving it lightning power. I charge towards the mimic, using my crystal chime to perform the miracle Vow of Silence to disable his magic attacks. I then roll out of the way of a swipe, then thrusting the small blade into him. I slash and thrust, giving the mimic no rest when it suddenly vanishes. "Gosh, I hate that trick." I equip my dragonslayer great bow, shooting lightning great arrows at the god eater. I charge at him again, then I forget something. I pause, equipping my chime again to perform Vow of Silence, only to be knocked back. "Damnit!" I stumble, cursing under my breath as I rush forward again, letting out a hearty battle cry. I use both my hands to strike with Anri's sword, dodging Aldrich's attacks upon instinct.

I backstep, then equipping a heavy weapon, a divine weapon if I must, the Dragon-Slayer's Greataxe. My hand ignites with a bright yellow parted flame as I perform The Power Within. My body radiates with a crimson aura as I use both my hands to wield my weapon. "Devour of Gods, feel the wrath of the undead, feel the wrath of Anri and Horrace, FEEL THE WRATH OF I!" I raise my Greataxe, the large steel blade becoming covered in a bright yellow blanket of wild lightning. "LONG......MAY THE SUN, SHINE!" I then strike down upon the holograph, the simulated monster exploding like pressured glass. I smile, knowing that now I will not lose the rematch with the Devour of Gods; Devour of my beloved Anri.

[Point of View || Ozpin the Wizard]

I watch from a glass window in a room, the skill of that resilient undead. Really she's improved but her malicious intent is blinding her. "She's still ever so broken about the death of her girlfriend Anri of Astora. I remember the battle like a lingering nightmare." Qrow sighs, sipping heavily from his flask. "Still as vivid of a memory Oz?" I nod, sighing as the hurtful image plays over before my eyes.

//Flashback to--The Battle of Aldrich, The Devour of Gods||

Äsh down an arm with her off sword hand, wrapped around the great-sword of the Wolf Knight. In the deathly embrace of the Devour of Gods, Anri cries out in terror and agony."Don't you touch her you bastard!" She lunges forward as I shoot my weak sorceries at him. I begin to panic, not wanting Anri to die. Suddenly Aldrich thrusts his staff through Äsh's chest, making her body run stiff as she chokes on her blood. "Äsh!" she looks to me in terror and anger, her eyes showing self-disappointment. "Ozpin, get the fuck out of here!" I hear screams as Anri's flesh is ripped and torn by the teeth of Aldrich, I gasp, turning tail and running away. Äsh hollows away as I look back, dying as the Devour of Gods finally finishes his feast.

//Flashback--END||

Qrow sighs, putting down his flask as he turns to look at Äsh fighting a thousand simulated Grimm. "So Oz.....do you believe that the first flame is strong enough to be kindled once more?" I shake my head slowly, looking away. "The fire is fading Qrow, it's weak, we may have o end the age of flame and wait till embers return...." Qrow groans, looking at me. "An age of darkness? Salem will be at her strongest during this dark age Ozpin. it isn't wise."

"I'm aware of that Qrow but linking the fire could kill it entirely....we'll just have to kill Salem along with the Soul of Cinder itself." He sighs, sipping from his flask again. "That's no easy task Oz, just the idea of that is difficult to manifest." I nod in agreement, sighing as I look back at Äsh who is now reforging straight sword and shield. "I know it's not an easy task but.....we have to."

[Point of View || Äsh Kain]

I swear in awe, looking at the newly forged sword for Jaune. It has the hilt and guard of a standard straight sword, but the secret lies within the black blade, for it is the blade of a Ringed Knight straight sword. I then look to the shield, smiling at the smooth chrome blue crest shield that folds into a scabbard. "Nice work!" a familiar voice sounds from behind me, causing me to turn around and see a person well known by me. That knight of Catarina, the onion knight, Siegward of Catarina. "Siegward?!" I burst towards him, hugging him tightly as he takes off his helmet, revealing a young face. 'it's really you, and you look so young!"

"Been a while hasn't it Äsh?" I chuckle as another familiar voice becomes audible, causing me to release my grasp on Siegward. "Hylda!!!" I lunge forward, embracing the Firekeeper in a tight hug. "I can't believe you two are here!" Hylda lightly chuckles, smiling. "You still look as beautiful as ever." She sighs, flicking my forehead. "Still not lesbian Äsh!" I then flick her back, chuckling. "Worth a try!" Gosh, my time here at beacon will be a golden experience!

{CHAPTER END || WORD COUNT:1055}