Chapter 7 I Wish I Never Loved Her

Peeta's pov

Why doesn't she understand? It kills me to know that she will never know. Why does it have to be so hard? I mean she kissed me and I don't know why. The thing is, why did Gale hurt her when he loves her? That, I can't understand. Was it because of me? Katniss just doesn't know the affect she can have on people.

"Peeta?" She asks. I look at her.

"What?" I say slightly harshly.

"Should we go?" She looks away.

"Yeah." I help her walk to my car. She hobbles, putting her weight on me. She hardly weighs a thing though. We reach the car and I open the door for her to get in. I get in my seat and start the car up. It takes a while as my car is an older car than many others.

"Peeta look, I'm really-" I cut her off.

"I understand, your sorry." I say sarcastically. She looks at me, then looks away. The rest of the car ride is quiet. It's awkward. We reach her house and I help her out. She hobbles again and opens her house door. "Do you wanna come in? I'm sure Prim would want to see you." She asks.

"No thanks, tell her I said hi though." She nods.

"Bye Peeta." I walk off without saying bye. Sometimes I wish we were never friends. I walk home and inside to see mom.

"Hey cupcake." she says but I walk by and up to my room. I don't need a talk right now. I slam the door and fall into bed. Why does it have to be like this? I love Katniss, I need her but I can never have her. I wish I never met her. I wish I never loved her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of this chapter was written by my awesome co-writer _fangirl_fandoms_

Check out her books and follow her.

Nikki :)