It Hurts

Warning: Self harm and severe physical abuse.

Twenty weeks later

Dan's POV

    I rub my twenty three week belly as the babies kick. Babies. Two. Oh god, we weren't prepared for the news that we were having twins. I don't really know if I'm prepared, but I have Phil beside me.

    But my mind trails to dark places.

    What if once the babies are born, everything changes between Phil and I? What if he leaves me? What if I don't live to meet my babies? Everything from before starts to come back to me.

    Useless.

    Faggot.

    Burn.

    Die.

    Before I know it, I reach into my drawer and grab my razor.

    "One cut, for how stupid you are. Two cuts, for how useless you are. Three cuts, for how slutty you are. Four cuts, for everyone's love you're wasting. Ah, too deep. Five cuts, for how much every one ha-"

    Dad bursts in the door.

    "Hey faggot. I heard you ratted me out to your mum." He whacks me in the back with a beer bottle.

    "GAH!" I screamed and I fall to my hands and knees. He kicks me so I'm facing him, my back against the wardrobe. Time stops as he hits me everywhere. Mum runs in trying to stop him, but he's too strong.

    He hits my bump.

    ...

    Mum finally grabs the bottle from him and screams at him.

    "Your ass better run! The police are coming and you'll pay for what you did to my son you piece of shit! I'm going to kill you!" She screams at him. He takes off out of the house in a flash. Mum runs to me.

    "Daniel, it's okay. The police and an ambulance are coming for you."

    "Mum, it hurts."

    "I know, dear. Just hang in there. You'll be okay. Dan..." She looks at my bloodied wrist. "You cut again..."

    More tears roll down my face as a sharp pain hits my back. I shout in pain. I look down and I'm bleeding. I grab mum's hand tight as I hear the sirens of an ambulance.

(Oof another shorty. The next ones going to be sad too, so watch out.)