Love Those Lips

WEYLYNN'S POV

"I love you Sofia." I stare deeply into her eyes. "I know I'm young, but I'll be 18 in a few weeks and then our love will be legal. We can move to Europe with my band. We'll have a Chalet on the beach with two dogs, Axe and Walez. Every morning we'll cuddle on our balcony and watch the sunrise. Every night we'll dine on the finest and gaze up at the stars. My heart will never belong to anyone else.

Ms. Vergara...will you marry me?" I ask taking her right hand in mine.

"Si! Si, Weylynn! Te amo, Te amo! Con todo mi corazón." (Yes! Yes Weylynn I love you, I love you! With all of my heart.) We embrace dramatically and kiss passionately, rolling around on the sand.

"Do you hear that?" I stop our lip lock, looking around.

"Sí, es el redoble de mi corazón." (Yes, it is the beating of my heart) She smiles lovingly up at me.

"No, not that. It sounds like "Nocturnal"..." I listen harder. "No that is definitely"Nocturnal". Where is it coming from? It sounds so close." I look around the empty cheetos-sand beach once more.

"Ah, Weylynn... Es su guitarra." (It is your guitar.) She giggles girlishly.

"My guitar? Who the heck is playing my guitar?! I don't see them." I look around again, angrily.

"Mira abajo tonto." (Look down silly) She shakes her head at me.

I roll off of her and look down. "WAAAAA!!! WHERE'S MY LEG?" I start to panic. "I can't marry you looking like a musical pirate!!! What will our children look like?! Great, I'll have a cello for a son and daughter with snare for a face." I look down at the sandy beach in defeat.

"Mi amor?" (My Love) She lifts my chin. "Te amo sin importar lo que parecen o nuestros hijos. "(I love you no matter what you or our children look like) She smiles again.

"Really? You mea-WAIT...I'm dreaming again aren't I? UGH!!! Seriously?!" I get up and start walk-limping away.

"Weylynn espera!" (Weylynn wait!) "Soy realmente ahora. Por favor, quédate conmigo." (I am real now. Please, stay with me) She chases me dramatically, starting to cry.

"Sofia..." I gently touch her face. "...I wish I could, but you aren't real. Which means all of this..."  I point at the dreamy beach scenery. "...Isn't real either, so I might as well wake up!"

"Mi amor, yo soy real. Simplemente no me conoces aún." (My love, I am real. You just haven't met me yet.) She kisses me and disappears.

I look out toward the crashing chocolate waves of the yoo hoo ocean. "You're right. Oh, but I will and you will be mine. You and our musical children..." I wake up sighing. I look down and shake my head.  

Maybe I should lighten up on the rehearsals. 

I look over at my best friend and laugh. "I should record this, but Axe would rearrange my plumbing, and I value the lives of my future children."

Axe wakes and looks over at me confused.

"You done Jimi Hendrix, or will there be an encore?" I say laughing harder.

She frowns adorably at me and reaches for a pillow.

I get off the bed and start running around her room as she pummels me with a pillow. "Wait! Wait!"  I try to control my laughter, but fail miserably. "Axe, I wasn't laughing at you..." I say trying to stop our one-sided pillow fight.