Chapter 3

Finn's P.O.V.

It's been three weeks since we've moved here and I don't like it. The triplets are still really mean and school sucks. I got grounded a few days ago for arguing with my mom. It's the first day of October and the boys have a football game today. The school day just ended and I got on the bus.

This one kid on the bus, Noah, keeps messing with me and I usually just ignore him.
The bus started moving and I looked out the window, watching everything pass by.

After five minutes, somebody smushed my face up against the bus window.
"Watch'a looking at geek?" Noah asked pushing my face harder while other kids on the bus laughed. Of course, our bus driver is oblivious to everything that happens, so she didn't notice.
I couldn't breathe and Noah suddenly stopped.
I turned around to see Silas standing over Noah's seat.
Noah punched me in the face and Silas punched Noah.
I held my face and leaned against the seat in front of me, hiding my face.
For the rest of the bus ride, the whole left side of my face hurt like hell.

As soon as we got off the bus, I ran inside and to the kitchen.
I grabbed an icepack from the fridge and let out all the tears I had been holding in.
I went to the living room and sat on the couch.
The triplets came in and went upstairs, thankfully not questioning me.

I kept crying for twenty more minutes and then went upstairs to my room.
Silas was in there doing homework and I laid down on my bed.
"Thanks." I told him, thanking him for defending me.
"No problem." He replied not looking up from his homework.
Kyle came into the room and asked me "Can I see your face?"
"You're lookin' at it right now." I smirked.
He rolled his eyes and said "You know what I mean."
I took the icepack off my face and his eyes widened.
"Is it that bad?" I asked.
"No, totally not." He lied.
I sighed and put the icepack back on my face.
Kyle left the room and my phone buzzed in my pocket.
I took it out and I saw that Silas posted something on Instagram.
I clicked on the notification and saw a picture of me from a few weeks ago.

I looked at the caption and it read "This is our stepbrother, Finn. He's a dork, but he's awesome."

I looked over at Silas and smiled.
"Hey dork, you're coming to the football game tonight, right?" Silas asked.
"I can't. I'm grounded." I answered.
"Oh yeah. That sucks." He replied.
I nodded in agreement and he said "Our football game starts at 6 o'clock and ends at 7 o'clock. We're going out with our friends later, so we won't be back until 11:30."
"Okay. Have fun." I replied.
I saw him smile slightly and he said "My dad won't be done work until later, so you're on your own for dinner."
I nodded and Silas went over to his football bag.

"Hey dork, do me a favour. Tell me if this smells bad." He said coming over to me with his shoe.
"Dude! I can smell it from here!" I coughed trying to push him away but he jumped on me and shoved his shoe in my face so it was the only thing I could breathe in.
I started coughing and he laughed.
He took the shoe away from my face and I said "That is toxic!"
"Not as toxic as this." Silas replied and farted on me.
"Why'd you do that?" I whined covering my nose with my shirt.
He laughed, getting up and putting everything in his football bag.